Dave_L
Forum moderators
  • 2003/12/15 7:23

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

[2.0.5.1]

A couple of questions about forum (NewBB) moderators.

1) The column xoops_bb_forums.forum_moderator is apparently not used, or no longer used, since the moderator assignments are stored in the xoops_bb_forum_mods table. Is that correct?

2) It looks like forum moderators are intended to have the ability to edit or delete other users' posts. If I manually invoke modules/newbb/edit.php while logged in as a moderator, it works. However, the Edit and Delete buttons are not present when viewing the post. Is that a bug, or did I neglect to do something after assigning a moderator?

CBlue
Re: Forum moderators

What you can do, if you haven't already, is create a moderators group in group admin and assign the people you want to be moderators (including yourself) into that and give them module admin rights to the forum module. Then they will see all the delete posts/topics and edit buttons when they go to the forum topics.

Dave_L
  • 2003/12/15 19:14

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

True, but that also lets moderators do all the other forum admin functions (add/edit/delete forums, etc).

CBlue

Okay, one more question then...did you add moderators to your forums in the forum admin when you first created these forums?

Dave_L
  • 2003/12/15 23:45

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

No, I added a moderator later.

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits