epiqmail
Working Chat??
  • 2003/12/14 2:10

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

Does anyone know of a chat module that works? I have tried everyone I can get and I cannot get any of them to work. I tried Chat MX, XOOPS Chat, etc.

Can someone make a recommendation? I need chat on my website.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

CBlue
Re: Working Chat??

Have you tried the chiefbutz one? It's available for download on this site.

DonXoop

I'm looking too and hope to get Jabber working. I'd really only need the user base integrated so users won't need two logins and signups. This way they can get into chat standalone or via the board.

You couldn't get any of the chats working? ChatMX works but has some issues (like tripping my AntiDoS module). But if you can't get the others to work at all then you have other problems to work out first.

CBlue

I like phpmychat. My webhost provides it for free but it has it's own separate database. It's much better than xoopschat.

tom
  • 2003/12/14 13:33

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Theres Flash chat, will cost you around $5 from this site, pretty smooth and reasonable fast.

Take a lookhttp://tufat.com/chat.php

Hope this maybe of some help

DonXoop

Excellent find! This looks promising. $5 is fair enough. And it includes instructions for integrating into XOOPS and other systems. Anyone out there used it in X and have comments?

Thanks for the link

tom
  • 2003/12/14 18:23

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

It's already intergrated into XOOPS just requires a couple of minor script changes.

Scalability wise dependant on your server it's good for upto 20 chatters, then it may start to slow down.

But still is a very cool chat.

Wingz
  • 2003/12/14 23:48

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Tried 'em all, and although my users prefer the old WebChat (not ported to 2 yet), they seem happy enough with FlashChat once they get it loaded. Best solution so far, and certainly worth the $5.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits