dukehen
Commerce Module?
  • 2003/12/10 16:10

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

Is anyone currently working on a commerce module? When flipping through the 2.0 modules, I didn't see any.

I would love to see a commerce module so that people can buy/sell/trade/etc. items without having to clog up forums.

Also, although I will conduct a search shortly - does anyone know of a handy link that provides a good start on how to create modules?

Thanks

CBlue
Re: Commerce Module?

There is an OScommerce module, you can check out at demo of it, on the developer's homepage
http://www.myxoopsshop.org/modules/news/

dukehen
  • 2003/12/10 16:20

• dukehen

• Just popping in

Thanks, I am already checking it out.

Much appreciated!

CBlue

You're welcome, dukehen!

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/10 16:32

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Ya know, I had a problemw with 0.1 and displaying blocks. I don't know what the deal was but each time I tried to display a block with it on any page, the page would come up blank, but when I shut the blocks for it off, the page came up normal.

dukehen
  • 2003/12/10 17:04

• dukehen

• Just popping in

I am going to try 0.2 BETA now, and see if it will fit the bill.

If anything, I think that my needs are basic by comparison to what this module offers.

CBlue

This is a pretty big module alright! I installed it myself before, just to see what it did and it has many features in it. I no longer have it on my site though because I don't need it right now.

dukehen
  • 2003/12/10 17:39

• dukehen

• Just popping in

Yes, after installing it and taking a good overview of it, I have realized that what I require is different enough from it for me to take a look at making the module myself.

I don't want to sell anything on my site, but allow for a database driven module that will allow my users to sell/buy/trade/etc. goods without cluttering up forums.

Thanks

CBlue

Sounds like classifieds with a shopping cart.

The myAds module can be used to have members post classified ads to sell their products or services. It would just need a way to intregrate how the product or service could be purchased/traded and have it only go to the person who posted that item for sale or trade.

dukehen
  • 2003/12/10 18:23

• dukehen

• Just popping in

Even more simple - sans shopping cart.

Basically, users can list items that they want to sell, trade, sell/trade, wanted, etc. They use their unique ID to list the items, any terms associated with, etc. They can then close/delete the item when it sells.

The users work out all of the details themselves, with no responsibility on the board at all. This just makes it easy to search the classifieds and all that jazz.

myAds eh? Have to take a look at that.

Thanks again for the help!

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits