SabineC
More than one language ...
  • 2003/12/6 13:03

• SabineC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/30

Hi, I installed XOOPS some days ago (www.wesolveitnet.com). Since this place is going to be a meeting place for translators we would like to have different language pages (titles etc) that all show the same content. The reason is:

A translator speaks more than one language, but not necessarily English, but e.g. contents in German and Italian is interesting. A potential customer that would like to offer a job or ask for offers for a potential translation does not necessarily know English - the forums of the different languages should be visible in all language versions - I mean the data (links etc.) should remain the same - so the German version should also show the contents in English and Italian language ... not easy I'd say. Is there a way to do this simply using different themes like I am used to work with LinksSQL (commercial package I translated into other languages).

I hope I was able to explain what I mean ...

Best, Sabine

Chado
Re: More than one language ...
  • 2003/12/6 15:04

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Hello Sabine,

Some of us have been working on ways to hack XOOPS to do this. It is not perfect but it does work. It might be harder to pull of with many different languages. Most people have been trying to do it with 2 languages. Check out hsalazar's post and download. Note: he should be posting a patch soon that you can use to update your current site.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits