Andrwski
Newbish Permission Question
  • 2003/12/4 16:51

• Andrwski

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/17

Hi, I'm new to XOOPS and I'm having some problems setting up the anonymous rights..I want to give unregistered users access to the news posts & web links, and able to view the downloads but not download them & view posts but not reply. So far I've only figured out how to give full access or none. Also, how on the news posts, how do I remove the story topic? Thanks for helping me answer these simple questions

-Andrewski

CBlue
Re: Newbish Permission Question

Go to system admin, click on preferences in the news module. You will see an option that asks whether to allow anonymous users to post news articles. Downloads has preferences too but it may not have a way to keep anonymous users from downloading.

Andrwski
  • 2003/12/4 17:09

• Andrwski

• Just popping in

Thanks, but what about the forums? For example, this site. You can view the posts but not reply to them. I've only found the permissions for private forums...

CBlue

For the forums, go to edit forums (system admin > module icon), click on the name of the forum and you will be in it's configuration section. There is a drop down box for access level and there you give permissions for who can post on that forum. You will have to edit all your forums to give access to registered users only.

Just remember that whenever you create a forum, you will need to make sure you set the access level of each one. You should have noticed that drop down box when you first started creating your forums.

Andrwski
  • 2003/12/4 17:47

• Andrwski

• Just popping in

Ach, I missed it since I made the forums before setting the permissions. Anyway, thanks for the quick reply

CBlue

Yep! It would be a pain to have to go through all your forums again to fix it if you have a whole lot of forums!

You're welcome!

Login

Who's Online

1039 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1039

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits