Anonymous
WF-Sections Problem (Catzwolf?)
  • 2003/12/4 0:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

http://atheistworld.com/modules/wfsection/

I created a sub section under Columns and it is NOT showing up and I do NOT want to use the submenue cause it looks like crap.

Help?

Max

Anonymous
Re: WF-Sections Problem (Catzwolf?)
  • 2003/12/4 7:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

help?

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/4 8:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

More issues and help needed.

1. Permission permissions permissions. I need to be able to asign users by groups and the ability to restrict users to editing/deleting ONLY their own content.

2. It needs to have the WYSIWYG editor available to all people allowed to submit articles.

3. As it is, when registered users submit content their articles need approval. When I go to approve the articles none of the formating is maintained, it all looks like crap.

4. If I copy and paste from wordpad or notepad it does not maintain simple formating like line returns even in the WYSIWYG editor.

5. There is a HUGE gap of wasted space between the Articles & Essays Topics block and the section title *(Articles & Essays)http://atheistworld.com/modules/wfsection/
which makes everything look like crap.

6. There is a huge wasted space between the section title Articles & Essays) and "Main Index" Looks terrible.

7. One line too much space between the Main Index and the index table.

Can someone please help me fix all this? is there a tutorial somewhere? Can I get some help soon please? I'll donate $25 to whoever helps me get all this fixed.

Thanks much

Max

CBlue

What subsection did you create that is not showing? I see the subsection "Rationally Speaking".

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 0:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

I created the subsection Rationally Speaking under Columns, BUT it only shows up if I use the pulldown menue which I don't want to. When you click on Columns on the left hand side menue, the columns page comes up but the subsection does NOT show up.

Max

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 2:39

• Anonymous

• Since:

Catzwolf has stated on several occasions that WF-sections 1.1 has a lot of bugs and that if used then used at own risk etc. This is also the reason he is programing the new version.

I use WF-sections1.1 and if it is not asked to do everything you would think it could via all the feature buttons, then it is good enough for a production site. I use the drop down menu for navigation within subsections and this solution works fine for me. I do not think it works well other ways.

Cheers

Serge

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 2:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

well, he and a few other XOOPS devs sugested i use it because it does what I need it to do. the truth is it is a pile of crap. I am going to dump the fucking piece of crap right fucking now!

Thanks for wasting my time guys! it is great public good to put out half ass items which waste people's precious time!

Wf-sections is garbage!

Max

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 2:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

WOW

It's not half assed its a very good module and handles the thousands of articles and graphics I have onsite.

I have been using Wfsections1.1 for ages and I find that if I concentrate on what it can do, as opposed to what I want it to do its a great module and light years ahead of the standard sections module built into xoops. It would have been recommended to you because it is a good module. It just got a few bugs in it etc. Unless they have all been fixed and I missed this news.

Cheers

Serge

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 3:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Serge, where is your site with the 1000s or articles using wf-sections so i can check it out.

It has been out for a few months and the basic bugs have not been fixed, and NO it is not a great mod cause it does not work properly.

Max

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/5 3:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok, I just dumped this piece of crap module!

Don't bother offering helpmwith it now. I will simply use the regular sections and the news modules to do half of what I need but at least they work properly.

Oh, and Catzwolf, if it takes 3 months to fix a minor bug in a module, don't release any more.

Max

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits