carnuke
Upgrading from 2.05rc to latest
  • 2003/11/28 14:17

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I refer to a full installation and not the patch, as I seem to have incurred some serious problems in the admin section of my existing setup since losing the 'admin' block.

I can't find any specific documentation, so I'm assuming that upgrading from xoops-2.0.5rc-to-2.0.5.1 is simply a matter of uploading the new files over the existing files and going through the install procedure. Is that correct??

I have some extra modules installed on the original version. Do they need to be reconnected??

I also assume all content and template data in the DB will remain in tact. Is that correct?

I also assume the existing tables comply with the new version. Is thst correct?

I also assume there are NO redundant tables that need to be dropped. Is that correct?

Forgive me if these questions are already covered someplace else, but I can't find it on a search for 'upgrade'

Thanks you for your help,

Richard

jlm69
Re: Upgrading from 2.05rc to latest
  • 2003/11/28 15:11

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

After you overwrite your old files you shouldn't need to do the install procedure again, as I don't think you could with the existing database. What you would do is just go into admin>modules and update the system module. If you look at the changes.txt file in the Docs folder you downloaded it will tell you the differences between the versions. Also if you download the update files and look you can see exactly which files were changed. Not sure about 2.0.5rc but I had 2.0.5a I think and there were only 5 files that were changed. None of them affected anything on my site.

Hope this helps.

carnuke
Re: Upgrading from 2.05rc to latest
  • 2003/11/28 16:33

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

John,

Thanks for your helpful reply. What you said all makes sense, I just wanted to check, seeing there is nothing documented about this.

Richard

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits