mouacy
Private Messages modules? Anyone?
  • 2003/11/26 12:19

• mouacy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/11/2

I would like to have a section in the Administrator control panel to be able to delete private messages that had been read or post for more than certain days. I'm running a community web site where members are using PM to write to each other a lot... and my database space is decreasing because the PM goes up to hundred thousands and I have no way of controlling it through Admin.

Don't need to read them. Just need to be able to inform the users and setup an automate time to delete the pm when it expires! Yeah! like the news article.. it can be set to expire.

Any ideas?

tim1980
Re: Private Messages modules? Anyone?
  • 2005/2/17 15:44

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

Yes I'd like something like that too...

Catzwolf
  • 2005/2/17 16:03

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

We are currently in the process of doing something like this, but it will be more like an addon to the system rather than a module. Hopefully the Devs here at XOOPS will look at it =)

Mithrandir

I do hope you will go the module direction on this, Scott. The core is moving more and more away from actual functionality and more in the direction of library functionality for modules to use.

I think that an extended PM manager could very well be made as a separate module and not a hack (or "extension" if accepted into the core)

Login

Who's Online

436 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 436

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits