intel352
port this module? i'll provide free hosting..
  • 2003/11/26 6:08

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

if anyone can port this PHP-Nuke module: Fatal Query module v7.5 to XOOPS (along with any related blocks), I would be willing to repay him/her with free website hosting

this is an excellent module that i've used for several months with phpnuke, and while i've enjoyed my XOOPS test site so far, not having a *good* gameserver query module for XOOPS is one of the things preventing my clan, as well as myself, from switching to xoops, since both the clan website, and my own websites (well, one of my websites) make use of the gameserver modules

i would attempt porting it myself, but i'm still not used to the XOOPS coding style, and i already have too many personal projects that i'm working on, lol

I've just gotten a new server, based on the West Coast (California i believe):
2.4ghz P4
1gb ddram
120gb harddrive
1000gb bandwidth

i have more than ample room and bandwidth on the server, and i would be willing to host the programmer in return for porting the module

specs of the hosting plan, and time length, are negotiable (and depend on the quality of the port)

understandably, if the programmer continued to work on php projects or ports for me, that would extend the agreement

btw, dns hasn't switched over to the new machine yet (still waiting :-\ ), but if someone wants to see the performance of a website on the server, they can contact me, and i'll give them the needed dns information to put in their hosts file, to see the server

intel352
Re: port this module? i'll provide free hosting..
  • 2003/11/26 6:33

• intel352

• Module Developer

oh, btw, just to clarify, i'll provide free hosting for any legal, appropriate content (aka, no pr0n, no warez, no illegal mp3s)

tom
  • 2003/11/26 6:56

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I don't know much about games modules, but have you tried any of the following, or asking the devs of those modules, just a thought.

Clan Modules Development - web site

Team module and server module

Another site with clan modules:

TSWN - Web Site

you need to be logged in to access these downloads below.

Xoops VWAR

Xoops Server Status/Monitoring Module

Sorry I can't help further, but these modules might be what your looking for, or the dev of those modules MAYBE able to help.

Tom
Xoops Support

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 7:22

• intel352

• Module Developer

thx for for trying to help tom

i've already seen the Team and Server modules, they are quite far from what i'm used to (with FatalQuery)

it's nice to know there's a XOOPS Vwar port out, i'm going to definitely check that out (it's a good tool for clan management), maybe i can compare his work to the latest vwar release, to somehow create an updated port

as for the server status/monitoring module, that's in the general direction of what i need, but it's not as refined as the fatalquery module

if you'd like to put up with a slow site load, you can check out FatalQuery running here:http://csmc.igamez.com/modules.php?name=FatalQuery

^^^^ that is my site, still located on the old server (friggin dns..), but i have the database loading off of the new server across the country (east coast server loading sql data from a west coast server, ugh), so that i can make sure data is not lost by someone still browsing the old site when dns has finally changed, lol

FatalQuery allows the admin to display a list of specified game servers. in this display, the server name, server ip, server port, number of players, player names/times/scores, map (level) name, map picture, and even map download url, are all displayed

if this module were ported, i imagine it would fill a much needed void for us gamers, lol

tom
  • 2003/11/26 7:38

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Your right when you said slow loading, I'm on a 1mb connection, it felt like a 28k modem, lol

I'm sorry I couldn't help further, and you are right it would fill a void for gamers, I know I see a few people ask for gaming mods, unfortunatly not too many have been made.

Well I wish you.

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 7:45

• intel352

• Module Developer

lol, i'm very tempted to put up a 'site down for maintenance' page, but i keep hoping that the dns will switch and our suffering will be ended..

current page load (generation time) on my old server is around 20 (seconds i assume? lol, doesn't specify), but it seems like longer.. when i had the server using the local sql database, it loaded at around .2-.4 (seconds?)

i've altered my hosts information so that i can see the new webpage, load time on that is even faster, at around .1-.2 (seconds?)

of course, the fact that it's an image-heavy theme, and also php-nuke (alot of bad sql code from non-professional coders, myself included, lol), doesn't help much either

tom
  • 2003/11/26 8:06

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
current page load (generation time) on my old server is around 20 (seconds i assume? lol, doesn't specify), but it seems like longer.. when i had the server using the local sql database, it loaded at around .2-.4 (seconds?)

ermmmmmm 20 seconds, did you mean minutes

I would put a maintenance page up mate, you gonna annoy people with that speed, if would of been going any slower it would of been going backwards. pmsl

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 8:11

• intel352

• Module Developer

lmfao, you would think it would annoy people, but i actually had 18 new members join yesterday, lmfao... (since 3am means that today is tomorrow... hehe, mind-boggler)

btw, while the website used to have a large number of people joining everyday, lately it's been under 15/day, so yesterday was very good *despite* the slow load, ehehe... i think i'll test the user's resolve further by leaving it for a bit

also, it'll make the new server seem that much faster

tom
  • 2003/11/26 8:36

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
lmfao, you would think it would annoy people, but i actually had 18 new members join yesterday, lmfao... (since 3am means that today is tomorrow... hehe, mind-boggler)

Thats only because it was that slow they couldn't get off the thing so they thought 'ohhh well I might as well register' pmsl

I would mail them all when your done though to let them all know thats not the norm.

Tim

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 8:44

• intel352

• Module Developer

heh, i posted news on the site 2 days ago, and emailed all the current users at the same time, to forewarn of issues

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits