Anonymous
NEWBB - topics deleted by posters !?
  • 2003/11/15 20:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

hey guys, is there any chance that i can delete the TOPIC i posted on this forum ( also i would like to let my users do the same thing on my site ).

the topic on the forum is over for me, i got what i needed and there's no reason for it to be longer on this forum.

it's not possible now and will it be possible in the further versions !?

thanks

mvandam
Re: NEWBB - topics deleted by posters !?
  • 2003/11/15 22:35

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

*You* may be done with the topic, but if *others* have the same problem we like to leave the question and answer available for them when they search through the forums (hopefully most people do this before posting their questions ).

If there truly is no reason for the topic to be there you can possibly send a PM to the forum moderator(s) and request that it be removed. They will *rarely* do this though unless a thread is a duplicate post or if it is very offensive.

Anonymous
Re: NEWBB - topics deleted by posters !?
  • 2003/11/15 23:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok. I was expecting this answer. It seems reasonable, but this forum is so BIG, sometimes you just lost yourself in this forest of the questions and answers as I did last month and it doesn't have the search engine so I can easily search for an answer. I think it should be cleaned from time to time.

I was on nuke - too complicated; now I’m on XOOPS - easy, does what you're expecting; but sometimes you just need an answer for something you don't know and if you can't find it quickly you just give up. I think this forum should be easy and dynamic, give you an answer ...

but OK, I understand - more posters and forums, more popular.

Can you at least give us a search engine so we can search through forums and easy find an answer before we post something???

Thanks

mvandam
Re: Xoops.org needs search box on EVERY page
  • 2003/11/16 0:45

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

There is a search but it is available only from the home page. (Upper right corner.)

In my opinion it should be present on ALL pages, and the lack of it causes the problems you talk about. I have requested a few times in the forums and via mailing list that the search box be enabled on all xoops.org pages, but I guess either it was missed or the site admin disagrees. I will try to bring this up once more.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits