skeddy
Advanced Downloads per posts
  • 2003/11/14 13:40

• skeddy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/10

I'm not sure if this has already been thought of or implemented, but here's my thought.

Many of us host downloads that people come to the site and grab, they register, and they are never seen again.

How about a system whereby the number of posts that the person has, defines the access that they have to downloads.

For example:

51 - 100 posts = Super Downloads (Movies and Shareware)
11 - 50 posts = New Downloads
0 - 10 posts = Regular downloads.

This would encorage people to post comments or frequent the site so that they can gain access to the super downloads.

If there is a modual like this, can someone point me in the right direction, or if not, would anyone be willing to start one up ?

Skeddy

Catzwolf
Re: Advanced Downloads per posts
  • 2003/11/14 14:53

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Correct me if I am wrong but, isn't it the whole point about allowing people to download from your site?

Will add this to the to-do list on the downloads module

skeddy
  • 2003/11/14 17:17

• skeddy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/10

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have people downloading everything from my site.

But what I am thinking abou is that some people just register and then naff orff as it were. To me, this is a way of keeping interest in the site going, and not a way of restriciting it.

But I'd love to see it implemented!

Ta !

mvandam
  • 2003/11/15 3:12

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

You could 'implement' such a feature now by using different user groups. If a user has more than x posts, then they go into the group which allows download access. The only trouble is that this would have to be done by hand (which could be tough if you have a large online community).

But consider if this is what you really want. IMHO, forcing posts will not likely 'keep interest' in the site but will probably attract a lot of useless posts (e.g. "asdf") that would dilute any interesting discussion and perhaps actually diminish interest by others in the site. It could also simply drive those people to look elsewhere for the downloads. Depending on the crowd your site normally attracts I guess this could go either way... Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits