portalis
portalist.org demo of xoops
  • 2003/11/12 22:55

• portalis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

Hi folks, I'm a windows user interested in establishing a portal presence, but with not much time left over to learn the fine arts of hacking.

After a week of looking for a way to get into the portal technology, with all kinds of interesting solutions by and for hackers, I finally found XOOPS through the cPanel Fantastico Installer offered by webhost L40.

All this I found when I followed a link to L40 from phpGroupWare.Org. I'm quite enthusastic about this platform and what it means for a whole new generation of web activity for the average windows user.

So I set up my XOOPS site as an introduction for information activists who are moving from HTML. (By info activists I mean folks who are scooping the web for progressive political purposes.) I'll report on my own migration in hopes that it will help others.

I'm very interested in the history of these technologies. Who are the folks at L40, cPanel, and Xooops? Are they really as far ahead as they appear to me. I just didn't find anything like this elsewhere.

Please visit Portalist.Org

Thanks, glad to be here. Take care.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits