pcoverclock
I can't upgrade...

... because when i try to export the database from my server the query generated (tried in a LOT of different ways) works only on another database but in the same server.
Locally and on another server (all with the same version of phpmyadmin) it doesn't work, and it doesn't create tables and contents. Aslo a friend of mine tried to, but it doesn't works anyway.
I have the version 1.3.10 (the last, anyway) and the last version of phpmyadmin everywhere.
How can i dump the actual database copying it to the other?

Mithrandir
Re: I can't upgrade...

Do you get any error messages? Something, which can show, why it doesn't work?

Basically, when you dump the entire database into a text file, it should work on any (My)SQL database.

pcoverclock

pcoverclock

pcoverclock

I don't get any error message. Locally it says that there is no query inside, remotely it simply loads the query, execute it and then there is no content and/or table.
I also tried to dump the database with an external utility and all i get is a message where it tells me that i've got 51 tables but nothing in it.

When i changed to version 1.3.9 there has been a problem at that time. And i've been really stupid because i didn't do a backup of the db first.
Do i have to run 1.3.8_to_1.3.9 again? Maybe it will fix the db... Or maybe it will DESTROY it...

pcoverclock

I think i'm gonna lose everything. If the works of two years will be lost, i will definitely stop everything or pass to phpnuke.
It can't be true, i'm doing a lot of tries but nothing works. and nobody can help me...
Please, if you had the same problem ,help me!

P.S.: excuses for all, i'm really nervous and mad for all these problems...

Mithrandir

Calm down, I'm sure we can figure something out. Unfortunately we are not the biggest of communities and it may take a little while for the big baddeh boys to wake up and help

Could you describe in great detail, what you are doing in PHPMyAdmin to get the text file of the database and how it looks afterwards (save the text file locally and open it up in a text editor)

pcoverclock

Ok, this is a detailed explanation of what is HAPPENING.

- I make a db dump with the phpmyadmin's function EXPORT (i tried ALL the combinations of options and nothing works): IT DOESN'T WORKS, NEVER! EXCEPT when i try to LOAD it on the SAME MySQL server but another database! And THIS is the strange thing!
- locally it says that there is no query in that file
- I try to make a backup copy of the DB with an external utility but when i do the dump, it says that there are 51 tables and NO data (0 kb).

- what follows is the first part of what i get dumping the database with only data and structure (no complete or extended inserts, etc...). The thing i must say is that if i copy the query into the box the result is an error message because the value '0' is not recognised. If i remove all the " ' " the query is recognised and well-executed.

# phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
# version 2.5.3
#http://www.phpmyadmin.net
#
# Host: 62.149.150.11
# Generato il: 02 Nov, 2003 at 11:25 PM
# Versione MySQL: 3.23.56
# Versione PHP: 4.2.2
#
# Database : `Sql10530_1`
#

# --------------------------------------------------------

#
# Struttura della tabella `xoops_banner`
#

CREATE TABLE xoops_banner (
bid int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
cid int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
imptotal int(8) NOT NULL default '0',
impmade int(8) NOT NULL default '0',
clicks int(8) NOT NULL default '0',
imageurl varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
clickurl varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
date int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (bid),
KEY idxbannercid (cid),
KEY idxbannerbidcid (bid,cid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I hope I've been clear.
Thnaks for the help.

P.S.: Where are you "great minds"? Are you so busy that you can't answer me? Please, remember of this old XOOPS 1 user that is having problems...

pcoverclock

Ok, i did it!
I'm great!
I don't know why, but it seems that the actual MySQL phpadmin doesn't create good files when you choose to export the entire set of table. so i tried to make it step by step and by uploading only 5-6 tables per each time.

Mithrandir

Happy to see that it went well

dunno why it doesn't want more than 5-6 tables at a time... but happy that you are happy

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits