Chainsaw
Is there a file upload module?
  • 2003/10/29 21:33

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Hi there. I can't expressed how impressed I am with the modules in XOOPS (and the core XOOPS itself). Having worked with the various Nukes and Coranto (aka Newspro) I have to say that XOOPS is the most easiest to work with. And the modules are so easy to install!!! Congrats to the core and modules teams.

Now, down to a serious question.

I installed a XOOPS site this week for my company's intranet. It has most of the modules I needed - wfsection, agenda-x, xdirectory, xoopsaddress. I've also installed FileManager but it wasn't the module I wanted.

I need to set up an electronic document library for the various departments at my office. HR wants a section containing all the various HR forms, policies, guidelines (in various file formats - .DOC, .XLS, .PDF). Health and Safety has a whole library of PDFs with all the rules for not getting killed on job ) And other departments have their own documents etc etc.

Now what I want to do is to allow each department users to upload their documents to the Intranet web server (Mandrake 9.1/apache). The way I see it work is the user would upload the document file to a folder (eg XOOPS/documents) then go to the DOWNLOAD module and register the document file there (or put the link into FAQ or wfSection). In many way it is very similar to the IMAGE upload function in the SYSTEM ADMIN module.

I've searched around the 2.0 modules but found none fitting this function. Does anyone have this at their XOOPS site?

Chainsaw
Re: Is there a file upload module?
  • 2003/10/29 23:21

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

LOL sorry for the drama. I found the uploader module ... (just didn't notice the little line at the bottom of search "show all search result" LOLOLOLOL!) I was only reading the first page. Just tested it and it looks like it will work.

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1008

Catzwolf
  • 2003/10/30 0:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Chainsaw wrote:
LOL sorry for the drama. I found the uploader module ... (just didn't notice the little line at the bottom of search "show all search result" LOLOLOLOL!) I was only reading the first page. Just tested it and it looks like it will work.

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1008

Why not try the mydownloads RC1 (RC2 is just around the corner), this will allow anyone to upload to the server and they can enter it's details at the same time (No point having to do something twice when it can be done at the same time?).

Chainsaw
  • 2003/10/30 3:14

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the info. Actually I just discovered there are a lot more stuff under the WFSection hood that I originally thought. There are uploader/file manager there too.

This is getting better by the minute.

CU_Boy
  • 2003/10/31 2:09

• CU_Boy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/31

Chainsaw: Would you suggest and provide the link for the upload/file manager module because I have also encountered the similar scenario.
Thank you very much!

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits