joelg
Somehow I have doubled up my menus
  • 2003/10/20 18:00

• joelg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/14

I am just getting up and running on Xoops, so I have spent a lot of time installing things, uninstalling them, testing, bashing around, looking for other modules, etc. In other words its a bit chaotic.

I finally came to the conclusion that wf-sections was what I wanted and I installed that.

Everything seems pretty much fine except that sometimes when I change something in the permissions area, I either get the same menu twice on the page (eg the left area has user menu, followed by main menu, followed by user menu again), or else I get nothing at all except the wf-sections Index drop-down list (but with nothing in it - maybe because I haven't entered any articles).

Now I've uninstalled all the modules except system, and when I go into the "groups" admin page I can see, strangely, that all the system blocks appear twice in "block access rights" on the left hand side. This doesn't seem normal - I'm sure I must have messed something up unless it is a bug installing wf-sections 1.0.1 (which seemed to go in fine by the way)

I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to solve this short of wiping every thing out and starting again. Is it a known problem with wf-sections for example?

Well.... he said, some time later I seem to have sorted this out by using PHPAdmin on xoops_newblocks, where I did indeed find that all my blocks existed twice, and that I could wipe out the duplicates by hand. It now seems to work... Bizarre, wonder how that happened??

Thanx, Joel

ronhab
Re: Somehow I have doubled up my menus
  • 2003/10/20 20:24

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

Most likely your account is in two groups that have admin rights to the modules you are seeing twice.

Thus if the account Joel was in the webmasters group and the "news moderators" group (a custom group you created for example), and both groups had amin rights to the news module, news shows up twice.

Check groups/permissions for the account you are seeing that behavior on.

HTH.

joelg
Re: Somehow I have doubled up my menus
  • 2003/10/20 21:23

• joelg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/14

I don't think so because this happened including for anonymous users - plus all the modules showed up twice on the "add new group" part of the groups page.

Ho-hum

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits