hrac
Strange xoopsgallery problem
  • 2003/10/20 11:46

• hrac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/7/15

Hello,

I'm running gallery 1.3.3 on XOOPS 2.0.5 for a while without any problem. But today suddenly gallery gives this error message when I try to view any photo with a URL like that

http://www.kasapoglu.org/modules/xoopsgallery/view_photo.php?xoops_imageid=126&set_albumName=album04&id=2001_06_3

ERROR: requested index [-1] out of bounds [117]

Any idea????

hrac
SOLVED: Re: Strange xoopsgallery problem
  • 2003/10/20 12:15

• hrac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/7/15

I added a few lines for collecting some stats with statistics module. I've fixed this problem with moving this line from header.php to footer.php.

PureLuXus
Re: SOLVED: Re: Strange xoopsgallery problem
  • 2003/10/20 15:00

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

this week gstarrett will release a new fixed version
with more smarty templates
all fixes from the forum
and many other fixes

gstarrett
Re: SOLVED: Re: Strange xoopsgallery problem
  • 2003/10/21 2:47

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

The reason that happened is the statistics module has a commonly used variable that collides with one used by XoopsGallery.

You might try patching the included file by wrapping it with something like this:
function AccumulateStatistics() {
    [
original include file here]
}
AccumulateStatistics();

That would change the scope of the variables used in the include file to not collide with page-level variables XoopsGallery or any other module uses.

Let me know if it works. I checked out the module breifly because coreace was trying to use the same thing. Another thing I noticed with that module is that it looks like it won't record any statistics on pages that aren't resulting from a POST query.

[edit] I had this backwards, posting to the database is correct in that include file.

If you could, please confirm both that the suggested patch helps and the statistics do only seem to update on post queries and I'll send the suggestions on to the module author.

P.S. The update Luxus mentioed that I am developing is complete--you can get it athttp://www.sciox.org/xoops/, the announcement should be posted here shortly.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits