blackpet
Greek Character Set Problem
  • 2003/10/12 1:36

• blackpet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/11/22

Well, the change in the global.php works fine for most of the XOOPS main part, but not in the transitions files. ie: files with messages: we transferring, please wait, etc.

Any help

Panos
Re: Greek Character Set Problem
  • 2003/10/12 10:11

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

Blackpet hello,

I'm Greek too and a long time XOOPS user. I've worked on a Greek translation of XOOPS 2.x myself but gave up due to lack of free time. Right now, I'm in Italy (Florence) where I'm studuying so it's difficult for me to continue working on that.

As far as this issue is concerned, did you translate the modules language files as well? If not, you will have to do that also, in order for every module to display the Greek character set (ISO-8859-7) properly. To do that you will simply have to create a /language/greek directory inside your modules' ones.

If you've done that already and it didn't work, I don't know what else to suggest Currently I'm running a site in English only (see my sig), so Greek isn't an option. PM me here or better yet at my site for more info

Xairetismous apo Italia!

Panos

blackpet
  • 2003/10/12 14:48

• blackpet

• Just popping in

That's the problem. I translated as well some of the modules and in the transition pages (ie, when you logout of the site, etc) the greek characters are displayed in a not recognizable character set.
It seems that I am stacked.
Thanks anyway.

Take Care
Petros

blackpet
Re: Greek Character Set Problem - system_redirect.html - Xoops global variable
  • 2003/10/12 15:31

• blackpet

• Just popping in

I think that I figured out, what causes the problem.
First of all the messages are parsed through a template page "system_redirect.html)
the html code "<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<{$xoops_charset}>" " uses a XOOPS global variable that in my case retains the value windows-1250, evenif I have declared through the global.php file the value to be: charset ISO-8859-7.
Of course I can hardcode this file but I don't believe that this is the right way to address problems.
While I am searching, any help is more than welcome

blackpet
Re: Greek Character Set Problem - Solved !!!
  • 2003/10/12 16:18

• blackpet

• Just popping in

Solved !!! The problem was in the file
db%3Asystem_redirect.html in the templates_c folder, where the charset value was hardcoded by the theme designer - bad for me !!!
Besides that, it was an excellent theme, however the problem with the hacks and hardcodes is that you never now what it will be the consequences.

In the past I had to maintain an MS Access application to track all the code changes in order to be forward compatible with the next releases of Xoops.

Now I have to find the time to translate the hole XOOPS application in Greek. I will let you know as soon as i am finished.

niktarin
  • 2003/10/12 22:09

• niktarin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/21

Geia xara,

I have made a Greek translation of XOOPS 2 because I needed it for my site.(knoppel.sourceforge.net)
But it is not 100% ready so I have not posted it yet. If you are in a hurry send me an email and I will send it too you. Or you can wait for me to complete it

Nick

blackpet
  • 2003/10/13 8:08

• blackpet

• Just popping in

Geia XARA
Yes please!!!!!!

just mail it to blackpet@msn.com

Eyxaristw

Panos
  • 2003/10/13 11:54

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

LOL! And I thought I was the only one who ever worked on a Greek translation for XOOPS I'm glad you guys found a solution and I hope to see it submitted when it's over (either one of those versions)

Keep it up! Kai pali xairetismous!

tempo
  • 2003/11/12 10:18

• tempo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/12

i hope you finish with the translation.
could you sent the files to me?

thanks

dimdan
  • 2004/1/24 9:09

• dimdan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

Has anyone done the greek translation yet? i need it for my site plz!
I saw some sites build with XOOPS in greek like panos site so i guess there is somewhere but can't find it!

Help appreciated!

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits