barryhk
How to start with this web site
  • 2003/10/9 4:26

• barryhk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

if i wanna develop modules ..and familar with the work flow
of this site..it seemm that it is unlikely with other php
portal as there r less tpl...and seem the structure is different ..Need deep php programming skill ?

Mithrandir
Re: How to start with this web site

When working with modules in XOOPS, it is very helpful to have a good knowledge of PHP, SQL and Object Oriented programming.

If you have that, just take another module (WFSections has been brought forward as a good sample module) and see, how things work there. Then just take the bits you need ("How to ensure only users can see the page", "How to call the database") and modify the module to do, what you want it to do.

is this helping you? Otherwise explain a bit more (please with full sentences ) and we'll see if we can help you further.

Edit: And double posting != double reply - you'll just get the same reply twice

barryhk
  • 2003/10/14 8:54

• barryhk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

I think I have little knowledge on PHP / OOP..C++...and none of SQL...so far away becoming a module editor ... may be user only. Any path to achive this ?

Mithrandir

Google is your friend

I manage with quite simple INSERT INTO, DELETE FROM, UPDATE and SELECT statements, which are easy to learn and there are loads of sites dishing out tutorials in SQL.
When you have figured out your SQL sentence to retrieve the data you want, look in the other modules how to get the information out of the database in XOOPS

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits