charpres
Some users can't register
  • 2003/10/7 20:46

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

This has happened to two different people today. They go to register and they get kicked off. One said in an email to me:

Hiya, I've tried to register, and it seems to take all the info, but then bounces me to a page that says "unable to register user"...but doesn't give me a definable error so I know what, if anything I did wrong. Any ideas?

I've tried registering several random names and cannot repeat the problem. But two different people cannot get through. Anyone else see this or have any ideas?

BTW the site is www.bloggerforum.com

tom
Re: Some users can't register
  • 2003/10/7 20:57

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

This can be caused by firewall and cookie settings, check out these known links for help:

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=CannotLogin

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=CannotPost

XMDT FAQ - Explanation <--- try this one.

Also a search of the forum would help a lot, there is tons of info, just try search queries like 'login problems' 'can't register' etc, etc.

Hope this helps

charpres
Re: Some users can't register
  • 2003/10/7 21:07

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

Thanks. I think the thing for me to do is put together some FAQs on the subject that my non-registered users can access.

I tried duplicating the problem they are reporting by changing my own firewall settings and changing the browser's security and cookie settings.

As you know, it is about impossible to duplicate what everyone out there has or does.

Also, I have heavily hacked XOOPS to allow long term cookie settings. That could also be contributing to the problem.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits