Search engines, browsers, xoops and iframe
  • 2003/10/7 9:53

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/5

Hi,

I am planning to use one XOOPS 2.04 installation as my "news page" for several sites. Therefore I want to use the same navigation bar, header, colour etc. of the individual websites, but all the rest shall come from this one and only XOOPS installation. I.e. 4 different sites use this XOOPS installation as a "mirror".

I wanted to achieve this with iframe. The problem is that I do not know what the downside would be regarding XOOPS functionality and other potential issues.

It is important for me that

1. All search engines will find the content of the XOOPS news (no password restriction, content is free accessable)

2. I can post once an articel in this XOOPS installation and it appears on all other 4 sites in that news section.

3. ALL modern browsers (IE, NS, Mozilla, Opera, AOL) shall be able to open it without restrictions. Or at least I want to know what the downside is for each browser.

I know that there is a solution for Netscape version 4 and earlier with ilayer, but I do not know whether this is in conflict with new browser. These old browsers is nobody usining anymore anyway (?). So the focus would be on version 5 and higher for all browsers. This is how I would do it:

----------------
<iframe src="url" width="100%" height="100%">
<ilayer src="url">
<p>See our <a href="url">news section</a>.</p>
</ilayer>
</iframe>
------------------

What are the pro and cons of this strategy and is there a better way (in which way better?) than the code I posted above?

Thanks in advance

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits