Mitch
Some help with xoops
  • 2003/10/7 4:52

• Mitch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/7

I am having some trouble getting the moduals to look like i want them and the home page to direct to news, i know some people here are so experienced it would only take them a few seconds to fix this, i would be extremely grateful for anyhelp people could give me, my msn is supersaiyan2goku@hotmail.com could someone please contact me and show me how to do these few things. Thankyou.

Mithrandir
Re: Some help with xoops

Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Preferences -> General Preferences -> Module for your start page: Select News

How do you want your XOOPS to look like? What's your site URL so we can take a look?

/Mithrandir

Mitch
  • 2003/10/7 5:53

• Mitch

• Just popping in

well the main problem is that, well you know how you choose blocks and can chose were u want to put them, when i chose blocks i have heaps of option for top page, but when i want to setup all latest forum posts and affiliates on news and forums i dont get the options at all for them, like there is half the options in the rest than there is in default page.

www.above-performance.oz-hosting.net/xoops/

im gunna make a domain later but first i want the page going, and also with other articles (renamed reviews) i want it to go streight to reviews without crossing that other articles section, is this possible? Anyway could people add me msn and help me i would really apreciate this because i have big plans for this site. Anyway thanks.

Oh and im not gunna be using that theme i just changed it to see if it effected my problem, basicly i want the page setup exacally the same ashttp://www.ausfx.com (which i half own and wanto leave for my own page) if anyone can do this i would gladly give them admin control to config my XOOPS

Mitch
  • 2003/10/7 8:58

• Mitch

• Just popping in

ok i pritty much done it all, 1 more thing, at the moment unless your logged in you can only see a tiny bit of the page, how can i change it so everything on the site is viewable by guests?

Mithrandir

go to Admin Menu -> System -> Groups -> Anonymous Users -> Check the modules and blocks you want to be available to Anon users.

With regard to the blocks, just stay at the top page and find the block you want to display on other module pages than the top and click "Edit" - there is a multi-select box for selecting the modules, where this block should be displayed.

Hope this is what you were looking for

/Mithy

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits