kf5cq
A Search block?
  • 2003/10/6 20:04

• kf5cq

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/7 3

I have been experimenting with the XOOPS 2.0 demo on www.opensourcecms.com . This is supposed to be a default installation, but there is no Search box. I have logged in as admin but I cannot figure out how to create a Search block. Is it supposed to be in a default install? Can someone point me in the right direction on enabling a Search box?
Thanks

tom
Re: A Search block?
  • 2003/10/6 20:17

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

The search block is part of the core and can be found in the blocks admin and also you need to set permissions in the groups admin, for which or all groups to be able to view the search block.

Admin ---> system admin ---> Groups <--- set group rights.
Admin ---> system admin ---> Blocks <--- set blocks live.

Hope this helps.

paul34
Re: A Search block?
  • 2003/10/7 3:38

• paul34

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/7

I'm using the version 2.0.4, however, when I opened System admin -> blocks. I don't know how to add system module.

I read a thread here that I may need to include/searchform.php in order to activate the advanced search feature. But, when I added <?php require "include/searchform.php" ?>, my added title is added to top screen but no content. Eventhough I add <?php echo "hello" ?> in the textarea of block, nothing was changed.

I noticed that there is a "system" in module column for system block like user menu, login and main menu. Could you give me more hints to activate the advanced search?

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits