awdtrbo
"could not insert forum post" error
  • 2003/7/31 22:43

• awdtrbo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/31

help! One of my user is having this problem, she managed to post only once before this starts. She could send me PM though. BTW, she's using IE 6 on win 95. Have the cookies setting at the lowest possible. TIA.

mvandam
Re: "could not insert forum post" error
  • 2003/7/31 22:45

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Are other users having this problem? Sounds like it could be a database issue...

brianhay
  • 2003/8/1 2:43

• brianhay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/19

I had this exact problem, even on the xoops.org forums (and also registering as a new member).

I emailed Onokazu and he(she?) correctly identified the problem as "my browser not sending out HTTP_REFERER ... because I am using firewall software" (ZoneAlarm in my case).

As soon as I deactivated ZoneAlarm I could post to the forums.

Regards,
Brian Hay.

YourHelp
  • 2003/8/1 4:23

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

This is your internet security causing this problem.

*Zone
*Norton

are just some of them.. below is how to configure your norton so it will accept you posting on the forums and you wont have to turn your security off compleatly.

Resized Image

Hope this helps

THIS IS NOT A DATABASE ISSUE .. just change your security settings. If you need anymore help with this drop me an email nathan@ultima7.com and ill help you through it

Kindest Regards
Nathan

IncommingForce

Jeee wizzz, give this boy a cookie!

The first real helpful post by him!

Good one YourHelp!

mvandam
  • 2003/8/1 9:02

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Yep, you guys are correct.

For anyone who's interested in the details... the "could not insert forum post" arises when there is a database error. One common cause of a database error is not having a connection... but this would cause other things to fail. The other common reason is this HTTP_REFERER check. As a security precaution, whenever you submit a form, XOOPS checks whether the HTTP_REFERER is the same site, and if so, allows update/insert/etc... database privileges. If the referer is not present or different (often due to a firewall), then the database is given only permissions to do 'SELECT' queries. Any other query results in a DB error, and hence the error message.

Thanks for the correction.

awdtrbo
  • 2003/8/1 17:02

• awdtrbo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/31

thank you all.

YourHelp
  • 2003/8/2 3:51

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Your Welcome

David_Topping

This problem JUST surfaced yesterday, and NOBODY has been able to post in the forums; it's not a firewall issue for me. :(

How can I fix this? The database seems to be fine otherwise, I just submitted a news article.

onokazu
  • 2003/9/10 12:04

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Quote:

David_Topping wrote:
This problem JUST surfaced yesterday, and NOBODY has been able to post in the forums; it's not a firewall issue for me. :(

How can I fix this? The database seems to be fine otherwise, I just submitted a news article.

It may be that one of the forums table is corrupt. Try MySQL debug and find out which table is having the problem. After that, issue the following SQL from phMyAdmin to fix the table

REPAIR TABLE table_name_here;

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits