trabis
Re: XOOPS 2.6.0 Alpha 1 Testing
  • 2012/12/29 13:58

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Fatal error: Class 'Logger' not found in C:\wamp\www\xoops-2.6.0\htdocs\modules\logger\preloads\core.php on line 66

I suspect some of you are doing the same as me. Reverting mainfile.php, deleting secure.php, updating the svn, and start a new installation.
The problem is that you are forgetting to delete the previous installation caches!

Everytime you want to test the install process, please remove any file under xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache

trabis
  • 2012/12/29 14:06

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

With the install program as it is if the lib and data directories are not available it will error stop the program instead of just stating it can't find them on the page.
If I have the files in the main directory and where I want to put them it won't stop and I can change them on the page. Looks to simply be an error trapping issue or not checking for the existence of the file.

The Xoops class is used on the early stage of the install process. This class is on xoops_lib folder now, so if the folder is moved, the class will not be found.

We need to solve this, either by assuming xoops_lib is on public folder and not ask the user for the folder path, or by asking for the folder location on an early stage(before start using the Xoops class).

Notice that in the future all Xoops classes will be on xoops_lib folder so the first page of install should not use any core methods.

Quote:

The new admin GUI has lots of good ideas but is very kludgy in how it works.

Yes, there are some navigation issues to take care on the admin side.

timgno
  • 2012/12/29 14:08

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I did not think there were such problems, during a clean install with the cache.

In this regard, I would suggest to create a script that, during a new installation, delete the cache before.

timgno
  • 2012/12/29 17:33

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Another important thing that is needed is the ability to choose during installation if you want to use the same database from a previous installation on the same server.

For example, if I create a second-level domain, and I want to use the same database with another third-level domain, I can choose during the installation being on the same domain name and same directory of the server.

redheadedrod

Quote:

trabis wrote:

The Xoops class is used on the early stage of the install process. This class is on xoops_lib folder now, so if the folder is moved, the class will not be found.

We need to solve this, either by assuming xoops_lib is on public folder and not ask the user for the folder path, or by asking for the folder location on an early stage(before start using the Xoops class).

Notice that in the future all Xoops classes will be on xoops_lib folder so the first page of install should not use any core methods.

Ok, will make a note of it and will incorporate it in the new install script.
It won't make a difference since I will not use xoops classes.

Makes better sense now.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

irmtfan
  • 2012/12/30 3:10

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Ok i have some notes about the latest svn too.

1- please keep some important configs changeable in files like debug mode, and set default theme. while having all options in db is good some options need to be change in files as alternative when you lost the db connection.

2- debug firephp cause blank page. did you test it?
Quote:

Trabis wrote:
there are some navigation issues to take care on the admin side.

yes in detail see these:
3- as redheadedrod and some other people said "logger" and "pdf" dont have main and admin sections (index.php and admin/index.php) so their icons should be removed in admin pages like admin homepage, admin drop down menu -> extensions, modules/system/admin.php?fct=extensions page and any similar pages like those.

4- preferences only is accessible from the drop down menu and no where else. Easy navigation and accessibility is important too.

5- when you submit module preferences the page redirected to modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences is not good.

Quote:

Trabis wrote:
Everytime you want to test the install process, please remove any file under xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache

and one important suggestion:
6- IMO we need a rescue page. xoops_cache cause many error and the config should be in file too. i suggest create a rescue.php page
rescue page: turn debug legacy on + default theme + clear all caches button

Mamba
  • 2012/12/30 3:58

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
6- IMO we need a rescue page. xoops_cache cause many error and the config should be in file too. i suggest create a rescue.php page
rescue page: turn debug legacy on + default theme + clear all caches button

I like it a lot!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

sabahan
  • 2012/12/30 4:01

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/4 5

1. Missing style/template in Popups/Pages still exist in 2.6..hope can be fix

a. misc.php?action=showpopups&type=friend&op=sendformt=1356839279','friend',320,190 (Site info block - recommend us)
b. misc.php?action=showpopups&type=smilies&target=message
c. misc.php?action=showpopups&type=online
d. misc.php?action=showpopups&type=avatars
e. modules/pm/pmlite.php?send=1

reported here
http://sourceforge.net/p/xoops/bugs/1192/

2. Maybe we can opt for Mega Menu in admin side
eg:http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddmegamenu.htm

in one of my site using 255 i have more than 40+ modules installed ..the menu in admin is too long

3. in themes block - missing screenshot

the default image name is shot.gif but in default folder theme is screenshot.png

4. images folder should be clean..remove unused images, and icons should be put in folders

sabahan
  • 2012/12/30 4:21

• sabahan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/4 5

maybe it is just me...but

When you activate a block as example who's online block,

no default "groups" and "Visible in" are set you have to edit the block to set it after activating it

trabis
  • 2012/12/31 17:02

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

timgno wrote:
I did not think there were such problems, during a clean install with the cache.

Just let me say that it is not a clean Install, it is a reinstall. If it was clean then there would be no files in the cache folders!

Quote:

In this regard, I would suggest to create a script that, during a new installation, delete the cache before.

Done!
I fixed the install dependencies on xoops_lib classes and added a cleanCache method to avoid the trouble of cleaning caches during test procedures.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits