jdseymour
Re: Mith's/JKP's Survey System

OK, thanks for the update. I have installed, but, have another small problem. I will have to further test this later though.

When I submit a question, all I have tried so far is yes/no buttons, I leave the admin form after redirection. In other words I do not redirect back to the edit/add question page, I seem to leave the module and have to re-enter through the control panel. But the questions are saved properly.

Mithrandir

Hmmm? When you press submit in the question creation/edit form? You shouldn't be redirected at all, but be presented with the same, updated, page (which may even confuse even more - I'll be looking at the page flow when I get a free moment, next)

Mithrandir

btw. If you post a reply and I don't answer it in a while, it is because I am skiing in Italy - take care while I'm gone

jdseymour

Yeah, your right. No redirect, it just exits the module admin.

jdseymour

Sorry to keep going. I made a test survey. Set it as active.

When I clicked on the survey link in the main menu I got a blank page.

Enabled PHP debug and got this:

Quote:
Warning [PHP]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seymourj/public_html/mainfile.php:104) in file modules/survey/index.php line 42

Mithrandir

It shouldn't do that
Is the question saved properly?

Try replacing line 64 of survey/admin/elements.php:
header('location:elements.php?op=edit&id='.$question->getVar('qid'));

with this:
$form =& $question_handler->getCEForm($question->getVar('qid'));
$form->display();

Mithrandir

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Sorry to keep going. I made a test survey. Set it as active.

When I clicked on the survey link in the main menu I got a blank page.

Enabled PHP debug and got this:

Quote:
Warning [PHP]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seymourj/public_html/mainfile.php:104) in file modules/survey/index.php line 42

Check your mainfile.php and see if it has some additional whitespaces after the ?> at the bottom. If so, remove them.

jdseymour

Thanks Mithrandir,

Three extra lines in mainfile.php. Must have come from my recent site migration. Works now.

karedokx
  • 2005/1/23 7:48

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i got the module up in my production

just want to submit some bugs/feature request:

PROBLEM:
1. the same as reported by jdseymour, after submitting a question it will redirect me out from the survey module admin
2. i got a problem in the error message display for survey submission, if we have ever submitted the survey. the error message is posted on the top of the page (instead of in the body of the site). i found that it is due to the XOOPS 2.0.7 version i use (in 2.0.9.2 version it works fine). since you're busy skiing , i try to fix it myself and found the following changes (in form.php) fixed the issue:

include '../../mainfile.php';
$myts =& MyTextSanitizer::getInstance();

$form_handler =& xoops_getmodulehandler('form''survey');
$form =& $form_handler->get($_REQUEST['id']);
if (!
is_object($form)) {

redirect_header(XOOPS_URL3_MA_SV_ERR_FORMNOEXIST);
}
elseif (!
$form->isAccessibleByUser()) {
    include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/header.php";
    echo 
$form->getHtmlErrors();
    include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php";

//redirect_header(XOOPS_URL, 3, $form->getHtmlErrors());
}
else {
$xoopsOption['template_main'] = 'survey.html';
include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/header.php";

$form->loadElements();
$form->assign(&$xoopsTpl);

include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/footer.php";
}

basically what i did is moving the "$xoopsOption['template_main'] = 'survey.html';" code to the bottom.

FEATURE REQUESTS
1. Can we add Country for the Personal data question (since the internet has made us gone beyond our own country, we should have the 'country' as our survey will go beyond the country )
2. Can we expose the Survey Date (the start & end date) in the survey page and survey list page? So we can show when the survey will expire?

thanks a million.

irmtfan
  • 2005/1/24 8:23

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

mith,
i have big problems with limited size in "Survey Name" and "Survey Description".
Survey Name only accept 20 characters and so in multi-bytes charsets like utf-8 only accept 10 characters.
same problem with Survey Description.
thanks for your attentions.

edit:
i increase size for 'f_name' and 'f_desc' fields in "survey_form" table and it works fine but its better if you change size in the next version.IMHO varchar(20) is too short.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits