optikool
Re: [Module Request] "Car Garage" module (2)
  • 2007/9/4 21:38

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

Hi,

Is there any working example of this module working? I've looked through most of the forums you guys have posted but am not sure which modules is yours. Will this module look simular to phpbbgarage or the customandstock.com page?

Thanks

Northern
  • 2007/9/5 19:21

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

version 1.X had been tested a few months back, and it failed in a few places but it worked in many others.

we have sence moved to version 2 as we learned from the mistakes made in version 1.x

cerrintly we need ideas and suggestions on what we should have in version 2, and from there we will know how it should look.

You can find more about this inhttp://www.xgarage.org

optikool
  • 2007/9/5 19:59

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

I was looking at the phpbbgarage and it would be nice to have those features. I started going through the process of converting that module but then noticed the functions file alone is over 4000 lines of code and I would have to convert almost every line. Even the lang_garage.php file, which could in theory be used as main.php is over 500 lines. But since you guys are working on a similar module, if you need any help just let me know. I wouldn't be able to help you with ideas on what should go into the module but I could help you in implementing the ideas you already have.

jlm69
  • 2007/9/5 20:49

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

Northern and script_fu,

I am also very interested in this module, I registered a couple of weeks ago on your site but found no files available for download. I would very much like to see what you have going on, and would like to help if I could. I currently am finishing up my Jobs and Classified Ads Modules versions 3.0, once they are finished I would really like to play with this garage module. If someone could send me a copy of the most current code I will try to help you fix stuff. I'm not that bad at figuring stuff out. I am also willing to modify my modules in any way to fit in, if that would be helpful.

Thanks,

John

script_fu

Well John & Optikool thats very kind of you and just what I think we need! I will talk to northern and see what he says.

script_fu

Northern agrees with this as well! When I woke up this morning I had a very kind pm from northern. This is great news! jlm69 and optikool I will set up the download for you both tonight. I half to work today but as soon as I get off work. I will give you both access to the module on www.xgarage.org You should be able to download around 6 or 7pm EST tonight.

Thanks in advance for your help in providing the XOOPS community some automotive features!

script_fu

jlm69 and optikool you both have pm's

jlm69
  • 2007/9/9 22:52

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

Billy,

Thanks,

I sent you a PM with some stuff I found.
Let me know how it works.

Thanks again,

John

script_fu

Hi John,

Looks like you have found a few issues. I want to thank you. You see im not a module dev. Northern wrote this module and I could only help from the sidelines. Sure I can tweak this and that but code I don't know. I am reading everything you wrote on how to fix it. I will forward these errors to Northern so he may take a look.

Can you give me and northern access to what you have all ready done? I would like to install on a fresh php5 site and see where we are.

Do you think the module could be called beta at this time or still an alpha? In your opinion would it be safe enough to be released to the public as a beta?

Once again thank you for your time!

Quote:

jlm69 wrote:
Billy,

Thanks,

I sent you a PM with some stuff I found.
Let me know how it works.

Thanks again,

John

script_fu

Optikool in answer to your questions. I think northern the module dev was trying to get it to work with both the XOOPS platforms 2.0,2.2 as well as php4 and 5.

I wouldn't swear to it so hopefully Northern will chime in about the direction he was taking with the code base.

Your message has been forwarded to Northern as well.

I would also like to to take the time to thank you as well. With the help of great people like you an jlm69 we are back on track.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 163

mailsdaddy,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!