Mithrandir
Re: 2.1 Debug Party

The custom block is now a block as any other - as it should be - and therefore with the same possibilities for adding to the block form as any other block.

I'm sure it could be done a bit more pretty but haven't really thought much about that. The "Content" should probably be removed, I reckon
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

rowdie
  • 2005/7/9 15:31

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Aha, so the content and content types are part of "options"... I see it now!

My very late suggestion would be to change the content (edit template one) to "Display" or "Layout", the "Options" to "Content", and move the "Content Type" back to the first column.

But it's far too late in development to be making suggestions, I know , and that would mean changing the "Content" (edit template) title in module blocks too.

Ah well, maybe a request for the next version then.

WarDick
  • 2005/7/9 16:41

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Does the virtual path on the install screen work for anyone or am I missing something. I have tried it on a local install and a production server.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

Mithrandir

The virtual URL can in XOOPS 2.2 be a relative one and therefore I made the installer suggest a relative URL - however, the check looks for a "http://example.com" structure and therefore rejects the virtual path as being incorrect.

It should not affect the running of XOOPS and it is my intention to remove that particular check - or at least make it a more relevant one.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

rowdie
  • 2005/7/10 6:41

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

Extended Profiles module

Front side
"undefined constant XOOPS_SYSTEM_USER...in \modules\profile\userinfo.php line 75" when viewing my profile logged in as webmaster.

Admin side
Ext.Profiles -> Permissions
Selections from the drop down list :

1. "Field visible on profile for these groups"
&
2. "Field visible on these groups' profile"

#1 includes the anonymous group, and any changes made here seem to have no effect.

#2 Changes to the Webmaster group have no effect, as the selections for registered users are used when logged on as webmaster.

rowdie
  • 2005/7/10 7:51

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

Blocks administration -> [selected block] visible in -> all module pages

* only visible in the module entry page, not other pages of the module. I've checked that visible="yes", and it's visible to my group... am I missing something?

Mithrandir

XOOPS_SYSTEM_USER problem - I'm on it

#1 ought to be without the anonymous usergroup, will check up on it

#2 If you are both a member of the registered users and webmaster group, you will see the fields that these two groups combined can see.
Or did I misunderstand you?

visible in -> all module pages - I'll look into it.

Thanks

Cusix Software

rowdie
  • 2005/7/10 10:18

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Mithrandir wrote:

#2 If you are both a member of the registered users and webmaster group, you will see the fields that these two groups combined can see.
Or did I misunderstand you?

I'm the one misunderstanding. I don't understand what the difference is between the #1 and #2, and that is probably why I thought there's a problem.

Also, I was trying to have less fields visible for webmaster group than for the registered users. After removing myself from the registered users group it worked. I guess having less fields is not likely to be a real requirement for a running site anyway.

Extra:
- there seems to be no way of allowing anonymous users to view profiles? What am I doing wrong here?

- registering gives an undefined constant notice: _PROFILE_MA_ACTLOGIN

- a registered user viewing profiles gives php notice:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: image in file ...modules\profile\userinfo.php line 105

rowdie
  • 2005/7/10 11:51

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

The following are not bugs, just mild nuisances...

1. Module defined in xoops_version.php as having:
$modversion['hasAdmin'] = 1;
$modversion['adminindex'] = "admin/index.php";
but no:
$modversion['adminmenu'] = "admin/menu.php";

are not listed in the top admin navigation under "modules".
They can only be reached via modules -> administration, then clicking on the module logo.

It would be nice if they could be reached through the modules navigation, with a link to the admin/index.php page.

2. Also in admin, modules without no config setting defined in xoops_version.php are still listed in the top navigation under "Preferences". Clicking on the link gives the message "Returning you to where you were" and back I go

If it's not too difficult to change it would be nicer to exclude modules from the preferences list if they have no preferences defined.

Or is this more of a feature request, i.e. should I post this at sourceforge for the next version?

Chappy
  • 2005/7/13 7:34

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

When I try to go to Admin|Preferences I only get a blank space (not a blank page), and there is no link or anything to click on to go to prefs. Not sure what it all means, just trying to help.

Also, when updating, everything went pretty well, except fro about 10-15 errors (which I maybe should have copied and pasted to here but was too anxious to see what would happen). Anyway, they mostly loked like undefined constants, etc.

BTW, this really looks like a great improvement in the interface. Congrats!
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits