Mamba
Re: Module (Animal)Pedigree, is it worth upgrading?
  • 2013/3/17 14:10

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) I didn't touch the front-end, so it should be the way as it was before.

2) But going forward, we will definitely try to move everything to XOOPS API, which has built-in sanitation. The Admin part is already using it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

afghanhound

Maybe we should use the Yahoo group as it was set up by James Cotton for the animal pedigree software and already has a lot of members, Menno has been the main member to help all animal pedigree users but he has had his own pedigree software developed now , not yet live on his own site, based on this -http://thewhippetarchives.net/index.php
Pam

afghanhound

Oh if we carry on here we should inform the members of the yahoo group that discussions have moved here, personally i would prefer the yahoo group as email notifications show the content of posts which they do not do here, you have to click a link to view it

Pam

Anonymous
  • 2013/3/17 15:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Maybe we should use the Yahoo group as it was set up by James Cotton for the animal pedigree software and already has a lot of members

I agree with Mamba. The nice revival from the last weeks was only achieved by pulling development to a public place. Next to Mamba other xoops coders could get interested to help improving the module. But we don't reach them by hiding discussions in a closed group again.

Another question: why is the yahoo group still members only? Making it visible to the public is good for further development I guess.

luwie
  • 2013/3/17 18:58

• luwie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/6 7

I also think,this is a good place to get the Pedigree module to a better level.
In the Yahoo group there are not many postings.
I will contact all members off this group and try to get them involded in this topic.

I`m making a list now with all the site`s using the pedigree module.

I will send them an E-mail explaining whats going on.
I think we will have more people joining us.

I will make a doc on googledocs,so that we can work on it together.

Thanks for the great progress

Theo

Anonymous
  • 2013/3/17 20:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Just a wild idea... The domain animalpedigree.com is still owned by James Cotton, but he does not use it. We could ask him if we may use it for further development of the module. With a simple site (xoops) with a forum, download and news module it could be the renewed central space for the module. A donation module can be used to pay a cheap hoster, and if donations exceed the expense for hosting this could be used for hiring a coder to extend the module with all wishes. A demo site could be connected to show what the module is capable off...

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits