BlueStocking
Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down

by kc0maz on 2007/7/10 12:47:02

kc0maz, I think you are on a different wave-length here. We are discussion the placement of the entire database in unedited archived format. These have already passed moderator scrutiny, and are ready to be moved to their next pernament home for the duration of this administration.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

skenow
  • 2007/7/10 18:08

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

OK - some valid points and concerns are being raised in this thread, but they do not relate to the topic of this thread. I read my reply before I posted and realized I was about to do the same.

Discussion about the archives, the future subdomains and sites need to be moved elsewhere.

We are all very aware that xoops.org and dev.xoops.org need to be more robust than they currently are. New hardware is waiting and a group of competent people are working out the structure to best serve the project and the community - while there are distinct roles for both groups, we share a mutual need for each other.

d.x.o is currently up and so is x.o. We look to the future with the light of the past.

BlueStocking

Steve,
There is no reason to move the discussion, it is progressing nicely right here. UNLESS you wish to continue it on xoopsinfo.org which I approve of and since I seem to be the one initiating and engaging this conversation I would like to see it continue under your direction on the community site.

Give me the specific address and I will follow.

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/10 18:28

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
by kc0maz on 2007/7/10 12:47:02

kc0maz, I think you are on a different wave-length here. We are discussion the placement of the entire database in unedited archived format. These have already passed moderator scrutiny, and are ready to be moved to their next pernament home for the duration of this administration.

Not at all.

A blanket statement was made that was not correct. I corrected it and provided documented evidence. The Terms of Use also allow for the database to be saved and made available elsewhere.

This discussion has gone way off topic and should be moved to XOOPSinfo. somewhere in the member's lounge
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

BlueStocking

That is at least two votes to move this conversation to xoopsinfo.com where it belongs and one to just move it.

I say we have a go...

skenow
  • 2007/7/10 18:34

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Steve,
There is no reason to move the discussion, it is progressing nicely right here. UNLESS you wish to continue it on xoopsinfo.org which I approve of and since I seem to be the one initiating and engaging this conversation I would like to see it continue under your direction on the community site.

Give me the specific address and I will follow.

Darcy - I agree the discussion does seem to be progressing nicely, but the thread was started with this topic Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down, not the one you are discussing. I merely suggest starting a new thread to keep the content of the thread in sync with the topic title.

The content of your discussion is also appropriate for the project site (here @ xoops.org)

BlueStocking

Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down upnrunning
@Steve,
Please, don't overlook the fact that we do not have a forum in operation here that is designated for the task at hand of the Community Coordinators. As it is now, if it is project "work" and going to be held in the open, then it must be held here on available forums.

The project part of this discussion is related to moving the database information to an appropiate place.

I am pointing out the WHEN is now.

I simply want to pass it to the HOW and WHERE committees to follow up and make it happen.

Peekay
  • 2007/7/10 19:04

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

O.K., so we now know where. The question is when?

I mean, if I have a problem with XOOPS right now, there are currently 277 users online here at Xoops.org that may be able to help me.

At xoopsinfo.com, there are 10.

I know where I am going to post, for the meantime.

The transition needs a date, otherwise neither site will be of any use as a support site. Half the user base will be still here, half will be on the new site.

Plus, has anyone told xoopsinfo.com to expect registration of several thousand xoops.org members? I assume JMorris's crew and the hardware over there is up to it?.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BlueStocking

Peekay,

The when is now.

Those of us here should be redirecting the questions to xoopsinfo.com and the answers should be provided from there. (even if you get your infomation from searching here)

As long as 'we' the community members continue to provide the most helpful answers from here a change will not happen.

This is not to become a dead site but a project oriented site.

The community site being at xoopsinfo.com.
If those who answer the questions move to xoopsinfo.com then those who ask the questions will follow.

It is our job here to encouragement that movement.

draj
  • 2007/7/10 19:15

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi,
Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
The Terms of Use also allow for the database to be saved and made available elsewhere.

No one here has ever agreed to terms in that XOOPS Foundation of Xoops.org is allowed to distribute details to non-official sites.

Everyone here is welcome to reregister themselves anywhere they want, including to all of the known community sites for XOOPS support and that includes communication and module development teams, etc.

The registration of XOOPS members is only for XOOPS Project and that is stricktly abiding the laws of all country according to data protection act and international laws.

There is no reference of redistributing user privacy like emails, etc to others including to non-official support activities.

In this regards, I onject my own details to any other websites other than official website where I have registered and i.e. Xoops.org here.

Sorry even if this is an off topic but when it comes about user privacy, there should be no compromise done by anyone on earth, regardless of any laws or terms of services...

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits