flyingtux
Re: Getting the webmail module to work - Here's the file!
  • 2004/9/24 14:46

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

Is this addressed to WebmailFX or to ProjectZen based Bassman's one?
Do you think we should open a project on dev.xoops.org for WebMailFX?

kaotik
  • 2004/9/24 15:21

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Yes, I think WebMailFX should be it's own project over on dev.xoops.org. This (in my opinion) is a valid and very good module. You should go and set it up and then place us as developers. There are many features in dev.xoops that would make building this module more colaborative.

Bassman: well, I'm past the incorrect login error and have now stumbled on a sessions error. I think there is a conflict between sessions ID of zen and xoops. I'm getting this:
Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0
I currently have sessions set to this:
$sessInfo = "PHPSESSID";

Does anyone know if XOOPS has it's own sessions ID?

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/24 15:31

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

I absolutely agree with you, but, as long as I really believe you are absolutely better than me in PHP coding an debugging, I suggest the following:
-I open a project on de.xoops.org;
-I put myself as "starter" of the project and mantainer of the files, packages, etc;
-I'll put Bassman as fellow developer;
I actually do not know how "project roles" are defined over there... I'll have a look and let you know...
By now, if you agree on that, I ask you to give me some more details about you, at least an email address to put it in the project... Then, tell me what your developing plans are for the next 24 hours: if you plan to don't release any new feature, I'll go through what I anticipate this morning: cleaning all license stuff, docs and so on...
Take all good care,
ft

Mithrandir

When you submit a new project, you are listed as project admin and have full control over who is on the project and has permissions on trackers, files etc.

However, keep in mind that dev.xoops.org is for continous development and not a module repository for finished projects.

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/24 15:56

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

Well: I just finished opening a new project, but according to Mithrandir, perhaps I did a wrong thing... We'll see, administrators have 72 hours to approve/discard as said in the registration form.
As I said in the previous post, I'm not a real programmer and there are millions of people who are better than me. but, if the effort I did till now for getting this thing working will be appreciated and used, I'll be happy.
Please feel free to tell me (everybody) what you think about this thing.
Bye,
ft

kaotik
  • 2004/9/24 16:14

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

I can understand the point made by Mithrandir. But I think in the case of this module, where several people are tring to develop a module, features such as bug, tasks, files would really facilitate a colaborative effort. Of course we could always continue our work here in the forum without those tools, but it would seem to defeat it's own purpose if dev.xoops was only open to established module developers. The point (I would assume) was to bring XOOPS to the masses, and, if possible, have them directly colaborate on the development of Xoops, be it in the core or modules, independent from any PHP C0derz status, it's the effort that counts...
....went on a rave...just my 2 cents.

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/24 16:43

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

I would like to clarify a point: there's nothing, im my mind, against what mithrandir stated. I'm personally the first one which got a bit afraid of being unable to mantain a package and to develop it... But, after starting, I found some people which I know consider as friends: they looked at the code, we exchanged feedback, we got this little (very useful to us, I believe) module working, we now give a call to the community to help, to share their ideas with us...
A call which could be view from 2 different points:
-on the one hand, we'd like people to help with their knowledge, improving this little project and any other collaborative project over there;
-on the other hand, we'd like to give back to the community what we firstly took from this community: the original module was not so far from working, but it appeared (and still appears) to be unmantained and I believe it would have been a pity to waste such a piece of code; moreover, how about the satisfaction of helping the mass of XOOPS users, non-programmers, which were asking for such a module and just wanted to enjoy it?
Perhaps I wrote to much, but I'd like to close by saying that I absolutely agree with kaotik when he says:
Quote:

The point (I would assume) was to bring XOOPS to the masses, and, if possible, have them directly colaborate on the development of Xoops, be it in the core or modules, independent from any PHP C0derz status, it's the effort that counts...

This is exactly the point.
Have all a good time!
Yours,
ft
P.S: i just finished updating all php files with a license note, credits, "last modified on.. by..." box, etc... I Updated this last one on the server. I hipe this helps to track changes

Bassman
  • 2004/9/25 2:54

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

flyingtux:
My knowledge of PHP/MySQL is much less than yours and/or kaotik's, I would say. I've had a bit of success porting a couple of scripts into XOOPS modules, but i'm sure you would agree that doesn't make me a PHP coder, and i'm not making any claims to being one. I will do whatever I can to help, of course :)

kaotik:
All I have to go by is the success, or lack thereof, of my attempt at getting the module I ported to connect to my email server. All I get is "invalid login" messages, but no PHP errors, even with debug on. Strange??

Bassman
  • 2004/9/25 5:35

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

I get these error messages with WebMailFX-

Quote:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: options in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 55
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: bgcolor2 in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 80
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: bgcolor2 in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 80
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant popserver - assumed 'popserver' in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 83
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant port - assumed 'port' in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 84
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant uname - assumed 'uname' in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 85
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant passwd - assumed 'passwd' in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 87
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 255 in file modules/WebMailFX/class.rc4crypt.php line 51
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant account - assumed 'account' in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 88
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant id - assumed 'id' in file modules/WebMailFX/index.php line 89

Bassman
  • 2004/9/25 6:16

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry for the three posts in a row :P

When you go to the "compose" page, the width of the textbox breaks fixed width themes. I'm not sure if this can be changed to a relative width instead of a fixed one?

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits