Warden
Re: PayPal module
  • 2004/2/21 6:08

• Warden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/23

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Ryan Houston and I am the owner of Fantasyasylum.com. I am also the individual that keeps Draven pretty busy with projects.

As many of you know I am very interested in having this paypal / credit card module completed by someone. Due to some issues, Draven has written some backend stuff but has been unable to complete the project.

I'd like to get a bunch of us together that could really use this module and take up a collection for the modules group or Draven (if he finds the time) to get this module started and completed by April 1st.

I will throw $500.00 at this project and would like to collect $1500.00 total from all of you that will go to the module developer who completes this project. If everyone who needs this module steps in and contributes something towards the project, I am sure one of the guys in the group will put something together for us.

If your interested in contributing please email me directly. My email is: rehouston@charter.net

** - Please don't PM me as I have 5990 PMs in my box and can't open it.

I will track the money and have everyone send the money to the developer prior to work on the module getting underway. I will not handle the money myself so please don't send payment to me directly. Let's accumulate it and make payments to the developer for this module.

Furthermore, I believe we should make the module available to those that pay for the development immediately and those that choose not to should have to wait 6 months for it to hit the streets. Thoughts on this?

If any of the mod development group reads this and wants to put their time in on this module to complete it, I will welcome the opportunity to talk to you.

Draven will get the first rights of refusal to complete this project, but I know he's having a hard time with time restraints currently.

First and foremost - Let's raise $1500.00 and get these guys taken care of for their hard work.

cuckston
  • 2004/4/12 13:00

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Any progress on this???

tom
  • 2004/4/12 13:37

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I've just posted my comments on a subscription script which is now availiable:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1333

I've purchased this script as I've need something along these lines for a long time now.

Yeah it is a good script but it is far from xoopsed, infact it is still a seperate script, there is no modulusations people still need to exit the look and feel of your site to sign up.

yes it works with the groups, but the problem I have now is it won't allow existing members to sign up, they have to create a new account through this script.

I've contacted Amember for assistance so shall await there reply patiently.

If people want a member handling subscription this is the one.

If they want the look and feel with it as a module incorperated into their site then forget this script and keep waiting for something better.

This is of course only my opinion.

gruessle
  • 2004/5/2 5:48

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

I think I found something it is not free but less then eMember. Was wondering if anybody has tried this already.

Membership Client Pro
http://www.membershipclientpro.com/

gruessle
  • 2004/5/2 6:35

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

I don't remember having seen the "Instant Payment Notification" (IPN) future at PayPal when i started this post.

Wouldn't it be much easyer to do now with this future?

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/acc/ipn-info

tom
  • 2004/5/2 18:56

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

I'm currently seeking a deveoper now to take this project further as I cant wait any longer, I will release this once complete and you can view this at:

http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1082315501.shtml

If any one wish's to donate to my costs afterwards as I'm paying some one for this, then that would be appreciated but not essential.

davidl2
  • 2004/5/2 19:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If you are looking towards paying for a module which will allow authorisation of XOOPS member accounts upon payment recieved, I could be interested in dontating a little something towards it (not a lot - I dont get paid a lot! :()

tom
  • 2004/5/2 19:37

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

I'm not going to ask for anything now, nor sell this module, I've been quoted around $600 which will include the following features.

Once module is complete I will set-up a test site so people can see it in action with subscriptions, which are used as donations, but like I say it's not essential to donate, as I will give it to the XOOPS community But all donations are appreciated.

Here is the feature list so far which also includes OSCommerce shop intergrated:

This is a E-mail to the developer who is working with me:

+++General Features:

• MULTIPLE CURRENCY
Choose from multiple currencies. Examples - '$' '£' '¥' '€'

• USER AUTHENTICATION
As well as groups, allow option of htaccess

• TRIAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
You can define a subscription to be a trial for another subscription. When the trial expires, the plan will be switched from the trial plan to the permanent plan, and billing will automatically start. The trial subscription can either be free, or at a lower price than the permanent subscription. You can set the trial to expire after any amount of days, for example, 1 day, 3 days, 5 days, etc.
Module will not allow the same user to sign up for the same trial subscription more than once, so the same customer cannot simply reorder the same trial over and over.

• CATEGORY
Allow multiply categories, On deletion of category allow to move all products to another category or delete all products.

• DYNAMIC FIELDS
Use dynamic fields which can be changed via admin only some the following:

- User sign up forum, including state, zip, so these can be changed to county, postcode
- Add and remove user fields to sign up.
- Add and remove details in admin for all sections, i.e. category description
- Change fields like TAX to VAT dynamically.

• SUBSCRIPTION UPGRADE
Allow user to subscribe to one product, the be able to upgrade to another. for example Admin would set subscription 1 and 2 (2 being a higher subscription) Member subscribes to 1 then later decides he wants 2, he can then upgrade from his/her account as the option would be available and the cost set by admin, with a option of decreasing the cost per month for a set period of time, Other wise a user may only have 1 month left of subscription 1 and wouldn't want to pay full wack for upgrade.

• DEFINE PRODUCT
Define whether the item is a subscription or product, if subscription define number of days, months, years it is valid for, and to re-bill/remind customer, if product then take payment once

• AUTOMATED BILLING
Perform billing on the following occasions via supported gateways:
- At checkout when the new order is entered.
- When a recurring subscription becomes due - completely automated.
Also, if payment is made by alternate means, such as a cheque and money order, manual payment can be entered against outstanding charges.

• AFFILIATE SUPPORT
Affiliates can sign up for an affiliate account through their current shop account, or set up new account. They can select to be paid by an Account Credit, PayPal, nochex (This option is set by admin, so he may only allow account credit, or may choose to allow 2 or more options). The payout formula can be a flat rate per referral, or based on a percentage. The affiliate can view their referrals & sales online at any time in their account. Credits for referred orders are not applied to the affiliate's account until the admin changes the order status to 'complete'. Also, payouts can be delayed to prevent payouts on refunded or fraudulent orders.

• NEWSLETTER FEATURE
Unlimited newsletters can be defined that users can manage in their account area. They can choose to subscribe or unsubscribe to these newsletters, and when the admin/manager sends an e-mail to the subscribed users, personalize each e-mail with the user's name, as well as add a custom 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the message, allow to send in groups set by admin, as some servers like mine have problems E-mailing thousands of users at once, however I can send them in bulks of 100, 200, etc, there is a current module which can do this within XOOPS so there is little worked needed just integration.

• TAX/VAT CALCULATION
The administrator can set a tax rate and it will be included in the order total at checkout. (This feature can be disabled if company is not VAT registered)

• SECURITY & FRAUD PREVENTION
- IP addresses for each order is logged.
- E-mail addresses can be blocked by domain to prevent fraudulent orders. (Example: hotmail.com, yahoo.com)
- IP addresses or entire IP blocks can be prevented access to prevent fraudulent orders or wasted bandwidth.
- Option to require users to validate their e-mail address before they can place an order, if not already done via xoops
- Blocks users from registering another account with the same e-mail address
- Requires users to validate e-mail or password changes by e-mail before making the changes final, which will also make changes to XOOPS user table
- Use XOOPS Sessions

+++Client Area Features

• CUSTOMER ACCOUNT ACCESS
Enable your customers to login and view/edit the following records:
- Order History and Order Details
- Membership/Subscription Status
- Products purchased and status (As in OS)
- Cancel Current Subscription(s) (Set in admin if refund can be set periodically or not)
- Billing History and Billing Details
- Credit Cards on File (Blank out 12 of 16 numbers in case some one signs in who is not the user, however show bank name)
- Newsletter Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form

• AFFILIATE ACCOUNT ACCESS
Enable your affiliates to login and review the following records:
- Orders they have referred, Order amount, ID, and Status
- Credits that have been applied to their account, and the credit status
- Payout history and status
- One log in for xoops, Customer account and Affiliate

• CREDIT CARDS ON FILE
Customers can place orders using a credit card they have placed on file, add a new card, or update an existing card that has expired or declined for any reason.

• SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM
Customers can access a built-in customer service module to create a sales, billing, or customer service ticket.

• LOST PASSWORD FINDER
Direct customers to XOOPS lost password.

+++Manager Area Features

• Manager ACCOUNTS
Allow main admin to set up accounts for sub admins giving them only access to select areas you require them access too, this is useful for allowing our accountants to looks at the sales, or shop staff to add, modify or delete products and subscriptions.

The following dependant upon the Managers access rights.

• CUSTOM MEMBERSHIP/SUBSCRIPTION & PRODUCTS OPTIONS
You can set up unlimited membership/subscription options that can be billed once through infinity, or they can be free! The options also allow you to set-up a one-time set-up fee that is billed with the initial order. If the membership/subscription option is a recurring one, you can set how often you would like it to be billed. Also, each membership/subscription option can have a password-protected area for your members to access (HTACCESS Option), Also similar options for shop products with the exception of recurring billing as this would not then be needed.

• ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
The account management centre allows you to search for a specific customer, and then add/search/view/edit all their account details, such as orders, membership/subscription options ordered, billing history, and credit cards on file.
Account search criteria allowed: Name, Company, E-mail, Phone, City, State, Zip code, Country, and Affiliate. (Referred By)

• AFFILIATE MANAGEMENT
The affiliate management centre allows you to search for a specific affiliate, and then add/search/view/edit all their account details, such as referrals (hits), orders, payout options, and payout history. Pending payouts can be made and updated to a paid status here.
Affiliate search criteria allowed: Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Country, Payout Type, and Period added.
Affiliate payouts can also be generated for a specified period. (Example: all referrals up to 1 month ago)

• ORDER MANAGEMENT
The order management centre allows you to manage your orders. You add/search/view/edit all orders in the database.
Order search criteria allowed: Order status, Account, and Period added.

• SUBSCRIPTION MANAGEMENT
The subscription management centre allows you to manage your subscriptions. You can add/search/view/edit all subscriptions in the database.
Subscription search criteria allowed: Subscription, Account, Period added, & Next Recurring Charges Due Period.
Subscriptions can be cancelled to halt future billing and revoke user access at the end of the current billing period, or revoke full membership/subscriptions for dealing with those troublesome users.

• CREDIT MANAGEMENT
The credit management centre allows you to manage your credits. You can add/search/view/edit all credits in the database.
Credit search criteria allowed: Account, Type, Status, Amount, Creation Date, Applied Date, and Note Keywords.
You can allow you customers to purchase account credits for later use.

• COUPON/GIFT VOUCHER MANAGEMENT
The coupon management centre allows you to manage your coupons. You can add/edit/delete all coupons in the database.
You can allow you customers to purchase coupons for later use, or to send to a friend.

• BILLING HISTORY MANAGEMENT
View a customer's billing history, and the details of the transaction.
Billing History search criteria allowed: Account and Subscription.

• PAYMENTS AND AUTO BILLING MANAGEMENT
View a list of due/overdue subscriptions, make manual payments, send a payment notice, or bill all due accounts. (Via a supported gateway)

• PROTECTED DIRECTORIES AND AREAS
View a list of protected directories, add new directories, and edit/delete existing directories.

• SUBSCRIPTION PLANS
View a list of available subscription plans, add new subscriptions, or edit/delete/make unavailable existing subscriptions. Also, generate protection code for single files or scripts, (HTACCESS)

• CUSTOM/DYNAMIC CHECKOUT ATTRIBUTES
You can define custom attributes that will be displayed on the checkout page. These attributes will consist of whatever information you want to collect from your customers at checkout, and save it to their order. You can display a text box, (for the user to type info into) a checkbox, (for the customer's response to a Yes/No question) or a drop-down menu with up to 10 custom options. For each of the options, you can define a default answer to make things easier for your customer.

• PAYMENTS AND AUTO BILLING MANAGEMENT
View a list of due/overdue subscriptions, make manual payments, send a payment notice, or bill all due accounts (via a supported gateway), If payment is not made then move member groups.

• QUICK STATISTICS
Your statistics area will allow you to view the following quick reports:
All Orders-to-Date, All Orders Today, All Pending Orders, All Completed Orders, Total Subscriptions, Total Accounts, Total Due/Overdue Subscriptions, Total Current Logins, Total Current Cart Sessions.

• INCOME REPORTING
Income reporting options allow you to track subscription levels by period, customer, and subscription ordered. The following reports can now be run to determine income by:
a) Value of all transactions.
b) Value of all transactions during a specific period.
c) Value of all transactions from a specific customer.
d) Value of all transactions for a specific subscription plan.
e) Allow reports per product, per all subscriptions, and also all sales together, include option to put cost price in so system can calculate how much profit is made after costs per item (Only viewable by admin/manager)

• MASS E-MAIL
using subscribe to mail list

• NEWSLETTER OPTIONS
The manger can add/view/edit newsletter lists, as well as view the sign-up statistics for each newsletter. The manager can generate mailings to any of the newsletters, and personalize the message with the users name and an 'unsubscribe' link.

• EXPORT ACCOUNT DATA
Generate account data exports by specific criteria, such as name, location, affiliate, subscription(s) ordered and subscription status. This feature allows you to quickly export key client account data to another program, such as a spreadsheet. You can specify the field delimiter, the fields you wish to export, and the order in which to display the results.

• NOTES
You can create administration notes for each account and order record. These notes can only be reviewed by the administrator, and not by the customer.

• ENTER MANUAL PAYMENTS
The manual payment feature allows you to enter manual payments for customers who made a payment via check or over the phone. The customer's account will automatically be updated as billed and current.

• MISC.
Admin can clean up the session database to remove all outdated sessions and cart items from the database.

+++ Administrator Area Features

• E-MAIL OPTIONS
Define e-mail for alerts and notices, for example new purchase, cancelled subscription, new referral user, also choose to send E-mails to other address's, for example product A is delt only with your company E-mail comes to you, Product B payment is dealt with via your company, but you would also like to notify supplier of order so they can prepare, so E-mail is sent to you and also to second, third, or forth E-mail address to notify.

• TAX/VAT OPTIONS
Define tax/VAT options, %.

• AFFILIATE OPTIONS
Define affiliate options, payout options and frequency.

• PAYMENT PROCESSOR MODIFICATION
You can easily configure your merchant account right through the admin control panel - no messy config files! This will save you a great deal of headache when you set-up, or if you change payment processors later.

• HTML LAYOUT ADMIN
You can create custom Company Information, FAQ, Contact Info, Policy, and Privacy Statement Pages via this section, or direct them to other XOOPS sections as required dynamically and even disable if not required.

• TEMPLATE BASED E-MAIL SYSTEM
You can edit the e-mail templates via the admin section. This feature allows you to turn on/off certain e-mails that are sent out on specific occasions. (New order, registration, receipts, declines, etc.) You can specify exactly what information you want sent to yourself, the customer, and affiliates, and when to send it. Add delete E-mail templates and define when they are needed.

+++Payment Gateways

- SecPay
- WorldPay
- Nochex
- Paypal

Option for cheque/postal order, where you can also include details like address for cheques to be sent to and to whom the cheque is payable.

+++OS

I would still be keen to keep most of the functionality, as you can see above some of the things border on OS for example the reports, I would like to remove the OS reports and replace them with the ones I detailed above, also making them printable for accounting

+++Manual Input

Although I would like to transfer my current DB over the subscriptions would still be a little messed up, so I would prefer to manually input the user, his date, subscription, products, etc,etc

tom
  • 2004/5/2 19:39

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Please note, this module once compelte will no longer allow storage of credit cards on file, this is due to security risks I would prefer not take which I'm sure many would agree with.

davidl2
  • 2004/5/2 19:48

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Wow - now that is a feature list indeed!!!

You are correct about holding the card details. As I work for a company involved in Ecommerce - we made the decision long ago never to retail information like this, which was designed for one time usage only.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits