gtop00
Re: dev.xoops.org seems to be down
  • 2007/7/10 16:12

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hi Dave_l and davidl2,

Please clarify: XOOPSInfo is the community site OR xoopsinfo.com is a community support site?

draj
  • 2007/7/10 16:13

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi Dave,
Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Davidl2 - is not

Uh, LOL!!!

Very correct and accurate about Data protection, which would not just be UK related...

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 16:22

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
Hi Dave_l and davidl2,

Please clarify: XOOPSInfo is the community site OR xoopsinfo.com is a community support site?

Unless plans have changed for about another 500 times over the last week - THE

BlueStocking

@Davidl2 ---
David_L is a council member, one in authority to approve or disapprove my requests, after discussion with the other council members.

Data protection and accessibility to the community is my concern.

Where and by whom, is of no real interest to me as long as I know where to find it if and when necessary, I am a Community Coordinator and I am 'working'.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Dave_L
  • 2007/7/10 16:48

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Do you mean Dave_L?

As far as I know, all the current posts on www.xoops.org and dev.xoops.org will be preserved for public reference. They may be moved to a different subdomain, or archived, but they won't be thrown away.

BlueStocking

by Dave_L on 2007/7/10 11:48:42 - Do you mean Dave_L?

As far as I know, all the current posts on www.xoops.org and dev.xoops.org will be preserved for public reference. They may be moved to a different subdomain, or archived, but they won't be thrown away.

That is exactly what I meant. And I am sorry about calling you David_l -- I am not as familiar with the name as others are.

I took your post to mean that you would look into this archive matter and give me a response so we can begin to make it more advantageous to our users to move over to xoopsinfo.com.

They are the only ones that have stepped forth with a community oriented site that I am aware of at this time.
If we are going to do the job we said we would we need to archive and make those archives accessable. Then when the teams are announced we will not be hamstrung waiting for a backup.

Thanks for your consideration.
Darcy, Community Coordinator.

gtop00
  • 2007/7/10 17:06

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Dear BlueStocking,

One more time find you to overestimating yourself:
Quote:

NO, it is not. It is a concern of the XOOPS foundation and its Project Council, who also have the legal responsibility.

Quote:
Where and by whom, is of no real interest to me.

It is of real interest to me.
I, as a member of xoops.org, DO NOT permit anybody to manipulate, copy, transfer or delete my comments and postings in xoops.org forums without my permission (unless they offend somebody and, again, with my prior notice).

Please note that a ~48.000 members community is not a toy for anybody.-

davidl2
  • 2007/7/10 17:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

gtop00 - you are completely correct. I have had a little experience in this issue, and its something that I feel very strongly about this as well.

Actually... I'm hoping that Pemen's development of OpenID support would allow people in time to expand their registration of XOOPS site to cover many different ones

BlueStocking

by gtop00 on 2007/7/10 12:06:06
POINT VERY WELL TAKEN.

Quote:

by gtop00 on 2007/7/10 12:06:06

Dear BlueStocking,

One more time find you to overestimating yourself:
Quote:

NO, it is not. It is a concern of the XOOPS foundation and its Project Council, who also have the legal responsibility.

Quote:

Where and by whom, is of no real interest to me.

It is of real interest to me.
I, as a member of xoops.org, DO NOT permit anybody to manipulate, copy, transfer or delete my comments and postings in xoops.org forums without my permission (unless they offend somebody and, again, with my prior notice).

Thank you for your response.

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/10 17:47

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:

As a member of the Xoops.org you are bound by the Terms of Use and by XOOPSiquette

Stay within those guidelines, No problem.

Step out side those guidelines
Quote:

From XOOPSiquette:

If you fail to follow these guidelines you will either receive a message, a warning, a temporary or final ban depending on the severity of the issue from a moderator. Disrespectful behaviors, offensive sentences, insults and others language abuses, as describe above, will be edited and deleted without warning

Quote:

From the Terms of Use:

XOOPS reserves the right to refuse or delete any Content of which it becomes aware and reasonably deems not to fulfill the Purpose. In addition, XOOPS shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or delete any Content that it reasonably considers to violate the Terms or be otherwise illegal. XOOPS, in its sole and absolute discretion, may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or judicial or governmental mandate or as reasonably determined useful by XOOPS to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the XOOPS Sites' users and the public.

I hope everyone read the Terms of Use when they created their account. If they didn't maybe they should.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits