Marco
Re: Xoops 2.0.17 released (Unofficial version) by Hervé
  • 2007/6/5 17:02

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

If you know how they were obtained, Is it better to keep rehashing the passwords or is it better to FIX HOW they obtained them in the first place to stop that happening again. IF security is tightened down and the holes are FIXED, there would be no reason to have the extreme method of hashing that you suggest. Your method is not preventing them gaining entry is it? yes it might slow them down, but if they have got that far as to be able to retrieve the hashed password in the first place, then i'm afraid that to me is a bigger issue at hand!! That is what I am saying which you so completely misunderstood again.

to put it in a different analogy: Close the doors & windows securely and your jewellery can't be stolen, not as easily anyway.

@vaughan/monty/etc..
hervet's XOOPS 2.0.17 fixes most those holes.open your eyes...
marco
Do synergy or die.

tom
  • 2007/6/5 17:42

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:
Is it a joke?

From the article I published:

Quote:
If your aware of my stance in the community you will also know that I share the same concerns as many others, lack of communications, releases, and so-forth, however along with the support of some key players here I've had an insight into what's happening, I've not seen the whole picture, but I have seen enough to believe that a real wave of change is upon us, all it will take on our part is a little patience and support.

I believe from the insight I've seen, in this instance, it's not a joke, I'm sure the next release which will be in the very near future will apply bug-fixes, however I've not followed SF recently so I don't know what will be applied.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

smart2
  • 2007/6/5 18:00

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

Quote:
I believe from the insight I've seen, in this instance, it's not a joke

It made me laught but I'm glad to see it was not intended.

Still waiting for Skalpa to express himself

McDonald
  • 2007/6/5 19:43

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

I've been following this thread the last couple of days and have to agree with most things from all parties I've been reading.

When looking at Skalpa's profile it looks like his last post here on xoops.org was from the end of 2006.
In an another post in the forum here it was mentioned that Skalpa might be ill. Not sure.
phppp has been logged in a few times the last couple of days but no reaction to this thread so far.

devteam.xoops.org seems to be dead for a while already. The files in the snapshots folder were available for a long time but are gone now also.

People who want to apply the bugfixes from Herve's XOOPS 2.0.17 can do this themself because Herve tells you which files have been fixed. You only have to compare those files with the ones from 2.0.16 to see the individual changes per file.

Moving to XOOPS Cube might be an idea but what if we all move to XC and take our unsolved problems with us?
Will XC end up in the 'same state' as XOOPS is right now?

@smart2
Please stop posting the crap about your Google knitting group in forums, especially in english in the forum of the dutch XOOPS supporting site. Read here.

smart2
  • 2007/6/5 19:55

• smart2

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/1/19

@Mcdonald

Thank you for making things move anymore interesting ideas?

I don't see this as "MY" google group as I have other things to do than try to make things move on.
If it seems it's not useful, there's no problem with that I don't care I just try to do something maybe you should try.
Maybe you should do some knitting site to use better your time.

I post in english because I dont speek dutch neither portuguese neither greek etc etc.

Maybe If I had done this in esperanto it could have pleased you.

If this doesn't please you, it's you're right, and your not obliged to come, just stay away.

Some other XOOPS contributors don't see this as something bad and understand much better than you do the target of this initiative.

JMorris
  • 2007/6/5 20:08

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
devteam.xoops.org seems to be dead for a while already. The files in the snapshots folder were available for a long time but are gone now also.

All development will be done on Sourceforge.net. This includes Dev discussion. All "official" news announcements will be posted on the new www.xoops.org

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
Moving to XOOPS Cube might be an idea but what if we all move to XC and take our unsolved problems with us?
Will XC end up in the 'same state' as XOOPS is right now?

Geographical cures never work.

Quote:
So what does this mean for you?

That means that whatever 2.x version you're actually using, you'll all be able to upgrade to the next version. However, as focus will be on this particular point, some of the most important changes present in the 2.3 branch of the SVN repository may be kept for later and won't be included in it.

The next question to be raised would be when?

Well there is no set date, however we're informed this won't be a few months, it will be sooner.

There would be no point in the community pushing for a date, if the release was delayed even by a day this will inevitably lead to disappointment.

The XOOPS Dev Team is requesting that the community gets involved and participates, there are still numerous bugs waiting to be fixed or reviewed on the Sourceforge site. Your help is welcome.

You can participate in core development here. Submissions are approved or denied based on quality of code and priority.

Sounds like a pretty clear message from the Developers if you ask me.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

giba
  • 2007/6/5 23:02

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

My reply for XOOPS union Here

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits