solo71
Re: [myMEDIA] Test my new media manager module
  • 2005/5/23 7:39

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Thanks for testing this module on a real scale.

Categorisation page, uh? Actually, if you use the "liste or path" option in the module preferences, you could have a view of the available videos in the current category. It wouldn't be a big deal to develop this option (pictures, display, etc.). You could have a go at the 'linked' block option, as well.

Thanks for the real coding. I'll add it asap.

Alphabetical search? Most probably for a further version.

toddherrold

Yes, I have the "list" feature enabled, but was hoping to add the pictures as well to this page. I will look at the code and try to incorporate it. . . but I'm not great with php yet. I have to look at the "linked to" block, but i changed the names of the blocks so i don't know which one for sure that is. .

solo71
  • 2005/5/24 22:12

• solo71

• Module Developer

No matter of importance. Any content block can be switched to "linked". Have a look at the preferences.

toddherrold

got it. . when i tried it, it only showed the one link, rather than everything linked on the page. . need to tinker some more.

thanks again.

solo71
  • 2005/5/25 17:02

• solo71

• Module Developer

A new version of the module wait you here !.

This version is not compatible with the previous one (sorry).

Now you have the choice to display media in 3 different sizes : small, medium and large.

toddherrold

hoorah. . I will try it out. .

solo71
  • 2005/5/27 6:57

• solo71

• Module Developer

Please check the default sizes (it's hardcoded). Let me know, I just put values of my own. No idea wether there are default ones or not...

solo71
  • 2005/5/27 9:59

• solo71

• Module Developer

Please test myMedia 1.0.b:

- Adding picture in the bottom list. Those pictures are 3 time smaller than the normal ones and activated only if icons are set to yes (in module preferences) and display is set to list.

I think this feature should solve your problem..?

On a side note, I have noted the module back to version 1.x, due to the fact that it is independant from is big brother Edito (which is now 2.4)...

toddherrold

Hey I am testing the new module. . the feature you added for small-medium-large works well so far. . i haven't checked to see if they are "default" but so far I like it. I have it set on large. some videos are very large whereas others are only medium sized. . . i will pay more attention later but perhaps it changes depending on the actual files size or encoding or by filetype. .

the images in the bottom list, don't really work for me, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. it seems that it shows the image for the page, rather than the image for the specific video, and also it only shows maybe one or two or three regardless of how many vidoes are on the page. Also, the sizes of the images are very small and variable. the first one is bigger, the second is littler and so on until they disappear. . I think it is going 1/3 of each successive picture until they are too tiny to see.

i'm going to post some pics for you, as the site is not live and only webmasters can see it.

thanks.

Resized Image

solo71
  • 2005/6/3 18:52

• solo71

• Module Developer

Gosh! Thanks for the report. I'll solve this asap.

At the moment, I'm working on the default size developement : TV or Movie format, in 3 different siezs (small, medium, large).

I'll check all this and release a corrected version asap.

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits