flyingtux
Re: Getting the webmail module to work - Here's the file!
  • 2004/9/23 18:33

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

Yeahhhhh!!!
Uninstall bug fixed!!!
Change lines 18 and 19 in xoops_version.php:

$modversion['tables'][0] = "wmfx_contactbook";
$modversion['tables'][1] = "wmfx_popsettings";

In one word: added prefix to that!
I will keep 0.81, update .txt files and upload everything in 10 minutes.
Stay tuned!
ft

Bassman
  • 2004/9/23 21:44

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Quote:

Hi Bassman.
I've been goin through your module. With php debug it crashes with this notice: 'Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset'
Did you also get this?

No, the only issue I had was not connecting to the server i.e. invalid login error. Because of that, I haven't been able to go any further/

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/23 22:43

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

I've been testing WebMailFX 0.81 for the last 4 hours:
-I did not get any php warning switching on the debug mode of the module;
-I've been able to manage 3 POP3 accounts without any problem;
-I used the address book inserting new contacts and editing existing without any problem;
-I installed and uninstalled several times and everything went ok.
I would say we are at a good point.
I would like to share a little tip (hope it helps):
I tried to find a way to get the icons well integrated in the XOOPS theme through different browsers. No problems with the oringinal files and mozilla, but switching to IE will cause the icons to show their squared non-transparent part. I managed that by modifying the icons according to the theme I use for my 2 sites (i.e. with The Gimp or Photoshop change the transparent part from "transparent" to "white/black/etc"). Of course it would be nice to find a real way to made the original ones working well with any theme and browser...
What are we gonna do/try now guys?
Functions I would like to see in WebMailFX are:
-IMAP4 support (other protocols?);
-Multiple SMTP (is that possible?);
-Criptography (again, is that possible?).
I really do not know if that's technically possible...
I wait for suggestions!
Good night,
ft

Bassman
  • 2004/9/23 22:47

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Do you have a download location?

kaotik
  • 2004/9/24 1:27

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Being able to set a separate smtp is a good ideia. Right now it uses the same variable for POP3 and SMTP. To acomplish this, there's 4 variables that should be set:
smtp server, port, user and pass. Some smtp servers require authentication, that's the reason for a separate user and pass. There should be the option to set this in the admin menu.
There should be an admin option to set APOP. It would be better if it was always on (for security reasons) but some servers don't support it. The variable already exists in pop3.php.
The module is already using rc4 encryption for it's sessions, so we should just resort to the class in class.rc4crypt.php.
There are stil some PHP notices that should be taken care of such as Undefined variables and undefined constants.
I think once these are taken care of and a separate SMTP is in place, the module would be ready for a RC1 release.

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/24 6:50

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

I absolutely agree, also because I see that your past job has been simply great...
I tought about multiple smtp cause yesterday, for instance, I replied to a mailing list message from inside the webmail and the message has been rejected... OF COURSE!!! I'm registered with a @email.it domain and was annswering for a @trashnight.org one...
I noticed a thing which needs to be studied: sometimes, when I get a message, I couldn't read it well, because of some strange characters, i.e. E=8 instead of E' and so on... is that happening to you also? is that related to a charachter set? ISO something?
Answering Bassman...
The download location has been since the beginning and will always be the following:

http://lnx.trashnight.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=3

Every time we fix something, I simply Upload the newest version and upgrade description, size, etc...
Concerning versioning, I just thought that perhaps we could move to a "linux kernel like" numbering version system, so that we'll have:
-stable version: last number is even, i.e. 0.82
-testing version: last number is odd, i.e. 0.83
What about that?
It will perhpas facilitate the development on the one hand, and push people using the module and giving feedback on the other one... But it that will get us confused, just skip the idea...
If you agree I could create a double download section in my site...
Greetings,
ft

kaotik
  • 2004/9/24 11:53

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

I've already integrated an option for Apop in the admin, I'm now working on an SMTP option.
What are the characters that give you problems? I've tested some like ç ã ó í ì é É è È á Á and these work fine for me.
I think your ideia for numbering is good.

Bassman: I finally figured out why your module kept crashing on me. I needed the php_imap extension installed. Only after reading a faq at the zen project did I realize this.

flyingtux
  • 2004/9/24 12:43

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

That sounds perfect.
So, tonight I'll do:
-some more testing on the actual stable version, especially on charachters;
-inverting the actual numbering and moving the stable to 0.82 and the testing (if you post me a package or a link it would be perfect) to 0.83;
-arranging two separate downloads.
I'd like also to:
-cleaning up the infos on the source code, like "based on...", licenses, etc;
-adding some more infos about you guys, at least one emal address;
-adding a "last modified on ... by..." on each file (which i would like you to update when you make changes, so that we could better track the mantainance of the package);
-optimizing other infos like changelog, etc... (there also i'd like you to write down the changes you made).
Looking forward to test your package,
ft

Bassman
  • 2004/9/24 13:43

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

kaotik: but did you get it to work?

kaotik
  • 2004/9/24 13:45

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

Have you thought about creating a new project over on dev.xoops.org? There's alot of funcionality there that would be usefull.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits