Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/6/21 5:55

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
Just wondering how things are going.

Hi Tocpe, man I tell you it has been a hectic few weeks at work and working on my site. The code as it stands looks pretty stable and I just need to package it a a release candidate. Will keep you informed to any changes or releases.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/21 13:28

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

Awesome! Thanks.

toibs
  • 2004/6/21 22:50

• toibs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

in which case i think i'll hold off until the rc is ready. Was about to install beta 8, but i guess i can wait a while <grin>.

Paul

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/22 5:55

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

toibs wrote:
in which case i think i'll hold off until the rc is ready. Was about to install beta 8, but i guess i can wait a while <grin>.

Paul

Hi Paul, there will not be any database changes in the RC, you will be able to update beta8 to the final release without problems.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/29 14:19

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

I'm chompin' at the bit to install myReviews on my site. I just wanna make sure I understand completely before I install the beat8 and start filling it full of reviews. Cause when I turn this puppy on it's gonna be huge!

I'll be able to upgrade from Beta 8 to a final released version without having to start completely over right? Or should I wait for the RC to be safe?

What all will change/be added between Beta 8 and the Final Version?

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/29 14:44

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
I'm chompin' at the bit to install myReviews on my site. I just wanna make sure I understand completely before I install the beat8 and start filling it full of reviews. Cause when I turn this puppy on it's gonna be huge!

I'll be able to upgrade from Beta 8 to a final released version without having to start completely over right? Or should I wait for the RC to be safe?

What all will change/be added between Beta 8 and the Final Version?

Hi Tocpe, the reason I have been so quite of late is I have been populating data like mad on Beta8 to prove it stable to go to a RC state. I am definately not going to do all that typing again (see my site) and will create a upgrade doc with each release from here on. There is not going to be database changes from Beta8 to RC, so don't worry. Looking forward to see your reviews live. In the last 2 weeks I have not found any new or funny bugs or glitches with the RC code.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/29 14:49

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Sweet! I'll throw it on ye' olde site today and see what kind of havoc I and my users can wreak upon it.

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/29 17:05

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

...hmmmm This is odd, I installed it on the real site, made sure all files were Chmod'ed to 644 and Dirs to 755, but when I click on the myreviews link in the main menu all I get is a blank page. No XOOPS or anything, just a blank browser...What happened?

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/29 17:06

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

The XOOPS dubugger gave me this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare convertorderbyin() (previously declared in /modules/myReviews/include/functions.php:36) in /modules/wfsection/include/functions.php on line 495

Now I'm running 2.0.7 along with WF-Section 2.0.1. I've had conflicts with WF-Section and Gallery. I bet this is another one like that.

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/29 20:11

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Got it fixed. I just renamed some of the functions in the WF_Sections module.

BTW, is there any way to specify how many levels of categories appear?

By default myReviews shows Categories available and each of those category's subcategories on the main reviews page. I would like to only show the main categories available and not their subcategories.

Am I making sense to anybody? I'm a little tired when writing this so I may not make a lot of sense right now.

Also how do I hide/remove the homepages & Shop link stuff? I don't really need those and it might confuse my guests.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits