Marco
Re: Call for a community action on Xoops Project Council
  • 2007/7/4 17:59

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

will you stop wasting your time with titles and honoric positions?
please add tom if he's willing to help somewhere in the organization. it's not time to loose volonteers if they are skilled for the work they want to work on.
the XOOPS community is asking for move, not titles.
MOVE !
marco
Do synergy or die.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/4 18:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

And once again - I agree with both Marco and Tom over this.

(Marco - I must say that it's nice to agree with you )

BlueStocking

TO: tom
Re: Call for a community action on XOOPS Project Council #5
Your Question:
@ BlueStocking - He never took any people at all, where the hell did you get that information from?

My Answer:
SOURCE POST. Re: Progress Report [proposed] Community Coordination Team 1 July 2007 #13

davidl2
Send Private Message to davidl2
Re: Progress Report [proposed] Community Coordination Team 1 July 2007 #13
Home away from home

From
Quote:

Quote:

If you'd like to get away from the policing and politics of XOOPS (as far as anyone involved with 47,000 other people can) and into the business of customer satisfaction and problem solving, the Community Coordination team may well suit you down to a T.

No - I think I'd rather help with the Official English Language Community Site at XoopsInfo - if I had to help anywhere.

Thank you however.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/7/4 18:22

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Yes - correct - I said I was helping over at that site.

I volunteered to assist on admin etc.

Since a lot of the time, I am unable to sleep (due to medication) it means I can deal with some issues for James and the others while they're fast asleep - that's why I used to be able to help at this site so often.

Can I check.... do I have to ask your permission to volunteer to help?

BlueStocking

Quote:

Can I check.... do I have to ask your permission to volunteer to help?

Of course not, I don't care where you volunteer your services, I don't even consider it any of my business.

I think xoops.org lost a good person to xoopsinfo.com when actually it shouldn't be considered an either or situation. It's just help with project here or community there. The new user and most end-users, aren't team members or community members they are simply a person with a need. Fulfil that need and you may not hear from them again.

I happen to like the simple design of xoops.org as it is, it isn't broke as far as I am concerned.

jdseymour

Well as far as I am concerned, I think the fledgling council was formed fairly to allow for speed of action. If we organized to vote for everything right from the start it may be the middle of next year before we get any new code. And furthermore this type of discussion of how not to do something also delays results.

The proper way for change is to first accept this council as a start. If there are disagreements in the way it is done, first create a proposal with your changes, submit it to the council for review, and wait to see the outcome. They may not take all suggestions, or every part of one suggestion. But the suggestions will be heard and I am sure will be welcome.

I look at the comments on the news item of the announcement and out of 89 comments, I see about 85 comments that should not have been posted, a formal submission of a new method of forming the council should have been submitted to the council instead.

The community wants action. Action to the project means code. I personally do not care if we have to hire an actual dictator to get the ball rolling. The project has been stalled, and I finally see action towards the goal. We need to help, not hinder those that are helping the community. And go through proper channels when we have a true complaint.

tom
  • 2007/7/4 21:01

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

jdseymour,

I know I keep saying this in various ways, but please note my issues are not to do with the council or whom is on it, the people chosen are outstanding people, and I'm sure they will do XOOPS proud, my main issue is not even about teams if you've read it all.

Quote:
The proper way for change is to first accept this council as a start. If there are disagreements in the way it is done, first create a proposal with your changes, submit it to the council for review, and wait to see the outcome. They may not take all suggestions, or every part of one suggestion. But the suggestions will be heard and I am sure will be welcome.

Please see my comments:

Quote:
Look whats important here is the project, I can live to deal with be treated like S**te, lets just move onwards shall we and see where we are in a years time.

Quote:
I'd like to think I'm an optimist most of the time, so lets now strive for excellence once again.

Onwards we go.

I told DJ that he would have to make decisions that maybe unpopular, and it's not the decisions he makes that necessarily judge him, it's how he deals with them, and the repercussions.

I've spoken to at least one council member today, and he has listened, this to me shows willingness, and makes me happy that some fine people were chosen.

and BS XOOPS never lost anyone to XI, David is still here isn't he?
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

BlueStocking

EDIT: This conversation does not deal with the call for DJ to answer the question of the original poster so I withdraw my comments as out of order.

tom
  • 2007/7/4 21:44

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Quote:

and BS XOOPS never lost anyone to XI, David is still here isn't he? ...tom

What about James?

James wasn't lost to XI, and he didn't leave just because of XI either.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

irmtfan
  • 2007/7/5 2:30

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

tom wrote:
I'm complaining because I was asked to do various tasks, then ignored, brushed off, and cast into the darkness, I was working rather happily with my tasks.

But then I log in and find I'd been totally removed without any notification, not even a pm to say, 'Tom we no longer require your services any longer', and I feel this was because I questioned certain things, and not in a negative way either.

i think its almost only real/true issue i see in these pages.but just phppp(DJ) have the rights to answer it.
i personally ask phppp to take an action about this.
i dont want to see such a treatment occur for me or any of you in the future.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits