• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/13

Quote:

stefan88 wrote:
Hi,

Quote:

Is the databasename really gcollins_xoop1? (again check with phpmyadmin
Yes, the user is "gcollins and the dbase name is xoop1

In your mainfile.php both database username and database name are the same - gcollins_xoop1

To make it clear - You changed hosts, so you used old back up of XOOPS version 2.0.10 and:

1. You uploaded backup database to new server.
2. You edited old mainfile.php to mach settings for the new host - new database user name and new database name if they are different, new virtual path - it may be different for the new host.
3. You uploaded all files from old backup to the new host.

Does your DNS records match the new host?

Okay that stuff is fine, but the issue still remains that out of the blue... any site I host or manage has no frame work. Hence Life In a fish bowl and that is the original issue to start with...
I'm enjoying Xoops, but it doesn't come without heartache and customer complaints!

spectrum
Re: Help .... Website broken
  • 2006/8/21 16:02

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Okay,
I've come to realize that every installation of XOOPS on all the sites that I host and have designed are SCREWED. I've invested countless hours and have clients paid for the security of having their site up and running. I'm about to start another site for someone and I have ZERO confidence that I can use XOOPS. I nor my users changed anything, anywhere I've isolated users, groups and infinitum and nowhere could anyone make changes and still the site is screwed. Anyone else have this issue?
I'm enjoying Xoops, but it doesn't come without heartache and customer complaints!

davidl2
  • 2006/8/21 16:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

http://lifeinafishbowl.net/main/modules/xoopsheadline/ - seems to give a display - although the theme seems corrupted.

Have you tried regenerating the templates at all?

davidl2
  • 2006/8/21 16:22

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Re: the ThomasChart site - have you tried this faq at all? And the forum entry linked to it?

spectrum
  • 2006/8/21 16:23

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
http://lifeinafishbowl.net/main/modules/xoopsheadline/ - seems to give a display - although the theme seems corrupted.

Have you tried regenerating the templates at all?

I can't even get to the admin section. I can log in, get to the menu to select administrative stuff and then it gives a blank page.

davidl2
  • 2006/8/21 16:24

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

spectrum
  • 2006/8/21 16:54

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Quote:

Yup....el blanko page o again.

msdana
  • 2006/8/21 17:01

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I can accesshttp://lifeinafishbowl.net/main/user.php, have to scroll down for login form, but it loads.

Try emptying your browser cache...
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

spectrum
  • 2006/8/21 18:27

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Quote:

msdana wrote:
I can accesshttp://lifeinafishbowl.net/main/user.php, have to scroll down for login form, but it loads.

Try emptying your browser cache...

I can login on the user screen. I can get to the next screen that allows me to choose the administrative options from the menu. But after clicking it...I get a blank page! Broswer cleared as well...

spectrum
  • 2006/8/21 18:30

• spectrum

• Just popping in

Quote:
You have TWO PRIVATE MESSAGES. Please advise, when time permits.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits