russtik
Re: could you help me with koivi editor ?
  • 2004/12/13 11:29

• russtik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/13

Quote:

samuels wrote:
But remember, in newer versions of XOOPS users will be able to change the default dhtml editor for other one (not only koivi, but spaw, htmlarea, fckeditor e.t.c), without hacking any file.

O.k. I've got the latest version installed, but how do I provide koivi as a selectable option in modules across the board?

Don't take this the wrong way (because I really appreciate your work) but it's all very well stating what can be done but without providing the <non-programming speak>method</non-programming speak> with which to implement this becomes very frustrating for those not primed with a certain level of knowledge.

I think it's obvious that the Koivi editor is superior to others, so I'd really like to see a document outlining some tips on how to locate the correct files for modification (module independant), what to look for in these files and what to replace them with. This would at least cut out the "leg work" in providing patches for as many modules as you can and allow people to go about it themselves.

rowdie
  • 2004/12/13 12:41

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Koivi will be included in future versions of XOOPS. For now you will need to include it in each module individually.

Rowd

russtik
  • 2004/12/13 13:03

• russtik

• Just popping in

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
Koivi will be included in future versions of XOOPS. For now you will need to include it in each module individually.

Rowd

I think we've established that Rowdie

rowdie
  • 2004/12/13 13:39

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Then I've misread your previous post. I thought you were looking for a way to include it in all modules at once, which doesn't exist as yet.

Isn't that what you asked with:
"O.k. I've got the latest version installed, but how do I provide koivi as a selectable option in modules across the board?" ??

Confused, but if you're clear on it then that's great

Rowd

russtik
  • 2004/12/13 14:06

• russtik

• Just popping in

@Rowdie

If you follow this topic from the beginning you'll see that it was discussed that this is a hack to be included on a module by module basis.

In my post you refer to I was stating that in order to include this sitewide I would like to see a set of guidelines (not specific to any particular modules) to help out the not-so-PHP-savvy get to grips with the hack.

I really like the hack, I'm just finding it hard to find the information I'm looking for to get it implemented.

samuels
  • 2004/12/14 23:50

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

I think there was a hack to apply htmlarea to all installed modules, it works hacking dhtmltextarea, so it changes the default XOOPS editor and changes by htmlarea.
You can do something similar, if you cahnge xoopsdhtmltxtarea, all modules that use it will change.

Peekay
  • 2004/12/15 2:38

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

At the end of the day, my users want to create a table in an article without cutting and pasting HTML. Therefore I would consider the objective of adopting a capable WYSIWYG editor as a default component of XOOPS something of a priority.

It's nice to hear we may soon have a choice, but I hope the editor chosen will be available in all modules that employ a textarea field.

Moreover, whichever editor is selected, it is equally important that users can still access content using a browser that *doesn't* support your preferred method of WYSIWYG. For example, if you *force* SPAW on users, it may lock many of them out.

twitaman
  • 2004/12/17 21:16

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I'm using News 1.2.1 and I followed Russtik's instructions with the Koivi 1.0.2 but it doesn't seem to work.

The editor doesn't show up in the browser -- both Firefox and IE 6.

Did I overlook something?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Quote:

noisia wrote:
Hi Russtik,

The koivi editor is not a module yet, but a hack. A very great hack, since it runs on open source web browsers

(Another wysiwyg editor is spaw, which only runs on IE. Spaw is a proper module and is integrated in many modules by default)

Most likely koivi will become a proper module in the future and may be integrated with other modules.

For now, it requires a bit of script modifications:
The manual is as follows:
Quote:
1.Copy wysiwyg folder into your XOOPS "class" folder

2.Replace your system_imagemanager.html template with the new one.

3.Follow instructions in docs folder for implement wysiwyg class in modules.

I am a beginner, and it took me a while to get the courage to try it out, but I managed...

1. Copy the "koivieditor class v1.0 FINAL/wysiwyg" folder into your XOOPS "class" folder (which is in the root folder of your XOOPS site)

2. Replace the "xoopsrootfolder/modules/system/templates/system_imagemanager.html" file with the one that is provided with koivi

3. Then I followed the instructions that were given here in this forum thread:

Edit:
modules/news/admin/storyform.inc.php

You must change this code:

echo "</p><p><b>"._AM_INTROTEXT."</b><br /><br />n";
xoopsCodeTarea("hometext"6015);
xoopsSmilies("hometext");

echo 
"<br /></p><p><b>"._AM_EXTEXT."</b><br /><br />n";
xoopsCodeTarea("bodytext"60152);
xoopsSmilies("bodytext");

With this:
echo "</p><p><b>"._AM_INTROTEXT."</b><br /><br />n";
//xoopsCodeTarea("hometext", 60, 15);
//xoopsSmilies("hometext");
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopsformloader.php";
include_once 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php";

$wysiwygHomeText= new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea(''"hometext"$hometext'100%''400px','');
echo 
$wysiwygHomeText->render();

echo 
"<br /></p><p><b>"._AM_EXTEXT."</b><br /><br />n";
//xoopsCodeTarea("bodytext", 60, 15, 2);
//xoopsSmilies("bodytext");
$wysiwygBodyText= new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea(''"bodytext"$bodytext'100%''400px','');
echo 
$wysiwygBodyText->render();

After the editing the file, you need to go to the modules in the admin and click on "update" of the news module

This worked for me to get the news and the stories module to edit in wysiwyg

Other modules I did not look into yet, but it must be similarly easy

samuels
  • 2004/12/17 21:34

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

@Peekay
By default, if koivi is executed under a non supported browser it loads the default xoopsdhtmlarea.

@twitaman
There is an example on docs who explains how to implement on news 1.2.1.
Russtik explanation is for news 1.1, an older version.

Just follow koivi docs, you need to change only two lines.

twitaman
  • 2004/12/17 21:45

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Quote:

Just follow koivi docs, you need to change only two lines.

I'm following the instructions in the doc folder but it doesn't seem to be addressing News 1.2.1.

It says:

Quote:

News 1.2.1 Module Integration Example

1º Open file news/include/storyform.inc.php
2º After line 32 (include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/class/xoopsformloader.php";) add:
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . "/class/wysiwyg/formwysiwygtextarea.php";

3º Remove or comment line 61 ($sform->addElement(new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_NW_THESCOOP, 'hometext', $hometext, 15, 60, 'hometext_hidden'), true);) and add:
$sform->addElement(new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea( _NW_THESCOOP, 'hometext', $hometext, '100%', '400px',''), true);

4º Remove or comment line 66 ($sform->addElement(new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_AM_EXTEXT, 'bodytext', $bodytext, 15, 60, 'bodytext_hidden'), false);) and add:
$sform->addElement(new XoopsFormWysiwygTextArea( _AM_EXTEXT, 'bodytext', $bodytext, '100%', '400px',''), true);

But those lines aren't in the file.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits