jegelstaff
Re: Registration Codes
  • 2004/11/16 15:10

• jegelstaff

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

That would be several hours of work and can't be easily explained in a forum posting. You will need to put your PHP, mySQL and XOOPS hacking skills to work; you would need to modify the file that contains the registration form, plus the logic that reads the form, plus the module code to provide a way for the admin to specify the list of groups (unless you want to hard code the group list), plus the interface for the admin to do that....

Also...we will be updating this module for 2.0.9 soon.

--Julian

CiberEspia
Re: New Module and Hack:

a great module!!

Peekay
  • 2005/6/27 16:55

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Before I try it, does anyone know if this is O.K. in XOOPS 2.0.10?

BTW, someone reported a problem with the Zip file and I found this too. For some reason you get a set of empty folders when you open the archive. Among these is the 'reg_codes' folder (which contains the module) which is fine.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jegelstaff

Hello,

I have not tried it in 2.0.10 (we're not using that version on any sites yet). I expect, though, that it should work fine, but might require changes to the register.php and registerform.php files.

If 2.0.10 uses modified versions of those files, as compared to 2.0.7.3, then you would have to replicate the changes in this module's version of those files.

Or, you could take the 2.0.10 versions, and insert the required code specific for this module.

But those extra steps are only necessary if 2.0.10 uses different versions of those files from 2.0.7.3. If it uses the same files, then you can just use this module exactly as explained in the readme and in this discussion forum.

Note that the maker of the Reg Keys module has recently released a new version. You might want to check that out too. Good luck,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Peekay
  • 2005/6/27 22:30

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Many Thx. I have no idea if the files have changed. I'll see if I can find out.

Peekay
  • 2005/6/27 23:58

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

They have changed

jegelstaff

NOTE: Registration Codes 2.0 has been released. See this page for more details:

http://www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize

Registration Codes is now compatible with XOOPS 2.0.13 and integrates with Formulize to provide a custom account profile form that is used on registration and on the Edit Account and View Account pages.

--Julian

Peekay
  • 2006/3/16 8:58

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Will try both ASAP

jegelstaff
Re: Registration Codes -- IMPORTANT UPDATE

Unfortunately, a bug in 2.0.6 of Formulize will have rendered the Registration Codes module ineffective. That patch has been corrected and re-released and any users should re-download and re-apply immediately.

The version number has not been incremented since only 3 people have downloaded it so far.

--Julian

jegelstaff
Re: Registration Codes -- IMPORTANT UPDATE

I must apologize for an error in the original 2.0 package for Registration Codes. An important file was missing which renders the Edit Account screen a little ineffective -- all profile info from the custom form was not appearing.

modules/system/templates/system_userinfo.html

All other parts of the module should be working okay, just the Edit Account screen was affected.

The missing file has been added to the .zip file and the readme has been updated with installation instructions. Any users who have downloaded this module are asked to re-download and get the missing file.

--Julian

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits