irmtfan
Re: Starting a Content/News Module Development Team
  • 2012/9/23 5:11

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

IMO content means everything contain information like static and dynamic pages, pictures, files and ...

so a content module should handle all of them.
Now publisher can handle dynamic and static pages and pictures perfectly.
Also publisher can manage files but need a separate table to be used as a download module.

Quote:

I will agree that the switching from admin to user side when doing category/article management is confusing and should be confined to admin side

I still dont understand why you think new webmasters have problem with admin functionality in the user side of module. It seems you think users (new webmasters, moderators, ...) should be in the admin theme area for doing admin functionality otherwise they will be confused. that is totally wrong based of my experiences working with almost 100 people as admin/forum moderators in my big big website in 11 years.
we must have administration links in the user side for those (eg: moderators) who dont have module admin access.
we have this in news module (submit news, edit submitted news by submitter, ...). in newbb many many of admin functionality are in the user side for moderators and even webmasters.

I cannot see any issue with that.
a webmaster friendly module should have proper readme, wise translation ( it is a pity that many of module english translations are weird, confusing and even untrue) and most importantly error logs (xoopslogger and redirect headers) for each and every malfunctioning. in that way nobody have issue with that module.

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 257

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits