Peekay
Re: Ok, I'm DONE with Smartsection
  • 2010/6/15 8:59

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

@trabis

I gather that Publisher is a development of Smartsection. If so, could an upgrade from Smartsection be possible (as a future development) if the new DB tables were included as SQL inserts in an 'upgrade.php' file etc?.

Also, you mention cloning the module and re-naming it, is that to retain the existing prefs?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

chefry
  • 2010/6/15 9:26

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

From what I understand from Trabis' website, Publisher is a complete ground up rewrite of smartsection that handles tables, etc in a completely different way and isn't such a power hog on the server

I tried it, and it's good. But unfortunately, it will only import from smartsection categories, not from subcategories

underdog
  • 2010/6/15 10:07

• underdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
I tried it, and it's good. But unfortunately, it will only import from smartsection categories, not from subcategories

Is that your conclusion or is that the official statement.

bjuti
  • 2010/6/15 10:42

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Quote:
So, you didn't import from smartsection?

Sorry mate, it's scripted from cvs file, not svn. It was early morning

Btw. It's a smartsection 2.14. :)

chefry
  • 2010/6/15 10:47

• chefry

• Home away from home

That's the official statement from his website. Unfortunately it won't import subcategories. And if you read the thread he says that, and says how to do it manually

on the xuups site:

Quote:

Mowaffaq wish list
11- Improving import script to get articles from smartsection and news ( or other modules as phppp did in article module ) with new option to select which category or articles you want to import.

and from Trabis on 2009/3/4 0:37

Quote:

HI! I'm not worried with the importers now because I do not know how 'Publisher' will end up. I think there will be other changes in database so, does not make sense working on it now to redo it latter. I'll try to make a better import for smartsection so we can get everything from it (comments, permissions, etc).

and more here:
http://www.xuups.com/modules/publisher/item.php?itemid=9

bjuti
  • 2010/6/15 13:08

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Have you tried MyWords or xNews?

chefry
  • 2010/6/16 18:41

• chefry

• Home away from home

I'm having a strange problem with Publisher. I downloaded it from the google Code site yesterday and installed it today.

I imported from Smartsection. When it did the import it said it found 130 categories (correct) and 9,000+ articles (correct).

But it only imported 3 main categories and no subcategories. The module summary says it imported 86 categories and 6856 articles.

on the module summary page it shows the ID, the subcategory name properly, the title, created, status,action.

But, in the Category page it only shows the 3 main Categories and not the Subcategories

And when you go to edit an article, it is not showing the correct subcategory that's listed in the module summary page. It only shows the 3 main categories in the drop down menu.

I created a couple of subcategories, hoping it would automatically drop everything into the subcategories that are shown on the module summary page, but it didnt' work.

Do you know why it would stop at 86 subcategories and only 6800 articles?

Also, when it was done the import and went back to the module summary page, it was a white screen (like in smartsection). It showed the links and the tabs, but not article list, no xoops header or footer. Luckily, I had another admin screen open. And when I went into the modules page and clicked on Publisher, the screens were back to normal.

I thought that white screen was related to the XOOPSTHEMEFORM/XOOPSFORM issue?

chefry
  • 2010/6/16 18:50

• chefry

• Home away from home

I see lots of mention about mywords, and lots of migration scripts, etc? but I have not found any mention of where it can be downloaded and it doesn't come up in the search

Mamba
  • 2010/6/16 19:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
doesn't come up in the search

Are you sure?

Go to google and search for "xoops mywords"
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chefry
  • 2010/6/16 19:49

• chefry

• Home away from home

ok, i tried it again, on my localhost., which is running php, apache, and mysql at lower versions than my host

the screen ends up looking like this when the import is done:

Resized Image

and at the bottom of the page i get a fatal error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in G:\wamp\www\htdocs\class\textsanitizer\censor\censor.php on line 37

how can I adjust time 30 second time limit?

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits