davidl2
Re: Progress Report [proposed] Community Coordination Team 1 July 2007
  • 2007/7/3 10:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Trouble is Pod - this site only runs Newbb - which is.. to be honest ... isn't a patch on CBB.

And the site is not capable of being updated without a major revamp (basically all done - but halted at the last minute... but thats another grumble).

Agreed: forums shouldnt be on a project home page for the reasons you say. It was one of the many reasons for a seperate forum site.

Anyway - my blood pressure is rising - so I'm leaving this post now before I have to take more tablets

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/3 13:07

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
I am sorry but it seems that there is a mistake here.

The “[proposed] Community Coordination Team” seems to be leaded by almost newcomers (except JAVesey) while its members/moderators are very old and experienced xoopers – see below # of posts:

Quote:
[proposed] Community Coordination status report as of 1 July 2007.

Team rooster

KC0MAZ (Team Leader) – 73
JAVesey - 525
Sailjapan - 142

current moderators invitation status:

JMorris – declined / stepped down - 2526
irmtfan – declined - 2257
akitson – No Response - 387
davidl2 – declined - 5028
vaughan ( M0nty) – pending – 450 + 3377
Jensclas – stepped down - 2135

Additional invitations have been sent

Team rooster still open…

It is obvious why people are declining;

I really did not want to answer this here. however,

1. The report is what it is. A status of the team as of 1 July 2007. No more, no less.

2. I did not ask for this position. D.J. sent out a request for help, I answered, via e-mail and in the thread.
The community coordinators thread sat dormant for some time, while other teams were getting their act together, we sat around waiting for something to happen, while other possible leaders were stepping down or taking other roles. I took upon myself to get what few people we did have together and start moving. D.J. Himself recommended me as the leader. I was dully elected by my peers.

3. With respect to my leadership ability. I have 20+ years of leadership experience both military and business. I may be a newcomer to the XOOPS Community, however that does not make me any less of a leader.

4. The discussion about who is going to be the leader is over. If you had a comment about who you wanted as the leader, you should have said something then. Now we are moving forward. We are in the process of getting our tools in place so we can take care of the most important people to Xoops, the end-user.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

gtop00
  • 2007/7/3 13:39

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hi Kc0maz and the rest of your team,

My post did not have the intention to assault you or anybody else. It just describes the situation. In any way, it is logical or predictable that old and active members will not feel comfortable to be leaded by a newcomer. It is a difficult situation that’s why I requested the involvement of the project council.

I also respect your willingness to help XOOPS while others are declining. If they insist, then it is the only way.

Let’s start again: Is anybody else out there who has the time, the will, the qualification and feels that can take an active and responsible role?

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/3 23:35

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Let's get this in the open. No more PM or e-mail or chat it will be resolved right here, right now. I do not want this to become a distraction to the work that needs to get done.

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
It is a difficult situation that’s why I requested the involvement of the project council.

I am fine with this, in fact I have referred the entire matter to the project council via phppp.

In the very same post gtop00 says:
Quote:

My post did not have the intention to assault you or anybody else.

then finish the post with an open advertisement for my replacement....

Quote:

Let’s start again: Is anybody else out there who has the time, the will, the qualification and feels that can take an active and responsible role?

on my first 'official' day on the job. Based on one sole factor. If that is not an insult, what is?

As in the report here are facts as I see them.
I, KC0MAZ, am the team leader of the community coordination team.

The team as a whole is moving forward. Unless directed by the project council we are not going back. That thread has been locked.

I have some questions for gtop00 and gtop00 only.
1. Do you want me replaced?
2. Do you want a Project Council Review of my leadership?
3. If yes, based on what criteria?

Now if you will excuse me. There some items that I must attend to.
--unknown

irmtfan
  • 2007/7/4 3:00

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

gtop00 wrote:
it is logical or predictable that old and active members will not feel comfortable to be leaded by a newcomer

No at least this is not a reason for me.anyway i am very happy to see some newcommers ( but not low skill and new to every things) decide to support XOOPS and lead teams with a proper background.
you need my reasons:
1. main reason: i personally like to support XOOPS in a fresh community site XI. so i think in this part i can stick to my favorites!

2. Time! yes it is a reason but a minor one.

BlueStocking

I think kc0maz is doing a very good job at keeping us informed regarding the status of his team. And I very much appreciate the posts of SailJapan and John V.

It is a breath of fresh air.

Thank you team.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Catzwolf
Re: Progress Report [OT] Threads coming undone...
  • 2007/7/4 9:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

pod wrote:
Quote:
XOOPSInfo was agreed to be the Officially recognised English Language Community site, replacing this low-quality forum on this current site several months ago.

Why should the XI team downgrade to using this forum?

The site plans had been agreed - Xoops.org is to be a front page for the project ONLY

With all the new XOOPSectarianism & old in-fighting omnipresent in (nearly) every forum and news thread this initiative becomes more imperative with every negative or utterly confused posting. Get this chaos off the front page! How can I convince potential clients that they should be using XOOPS when it does not exude a fraction of the professionalism that competing content solution projects display on their landing pages? Get this done & then sort out the rest, ffs! I don't care where the "official" forums go, so long as it is off the front page of this site. I know phppp is quite married to CBB but in all fairness & as I have stated numerous times before, the boards themselves are substandard & do not lend themselves well to being easily managed. A change would be nice, but in the meantime at least take this mess off the front page.

Also regarding the aforementioned chaos, confusion & in-fighting, I hate to do it but I have to say it...

Resized Image

...A bit sad that that thread is like 2 years old. Has any actual progress even been made since Ono was ousted?? I hate to lend my voice to the negativity but we really have to get it together here, and hopefully before another 2 years elapse. It is disheartening to see so many of my long-time fellow XOOPSers disenfranchised by the current state of affairs in disrepair. Hang in there, there may be hope yet! I really, really hope this project comes to a point soon where it can flourish again. Thanks to everyone who is trying.

I cannot agree more with you Pod, While we have this in house fighting people who make their living from this product are suffering on a daily basis.

@David,

If as you say URLS are not a big issue? Why are you making a stance on not using a sub domain at XOOPS for help and support? If it is not that big a deal as you say?

ATB

Catz

skenow
  • 2007/7/4 12:26

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Please stay on topic - this thread is about the Community Coordination team and the work they are doing.

Provide your commentary elsewhere.

gtop00
  • 2007/7/4 13:04

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Well, I just realized that I was misunderstood.

Let me clarify:
Quote:

The expression “anybody else” had the meaning of “in addition to” and not “in place of”. (I am really sorry but my English are not so good).

The intention of this sentence was to invite people since most of the invited moderators declined:
Quote:
JMorris – declined / stepped down
irmtfan – declined
akitson – No Response
davidl2 – declined
vaughan ( M0nty) – pending
Jensclas – stepped down

I repeat again what I wrote before:
I also respect your willingness to help XOOPS while others are declining. If they insist, then it is the only way.

Now, your questions:
Quote:
I have some questions for gtop00 and gtop00 only.
1. Do you want me replaced? I never said that (and nobody else as far as I know).
2. Do you want a Project Council Review of my leadership? Who said that? I did not.
3. If yes, based on what criteria? N/A

Regarding the criteria that should apply to anybody taking a responsible role is xoops, I repeat what irmtfan said: “…but not low skill and new to every things…” which actually is the same with what I wrote: “…has the time, the will, the qualification and feels that can take an active and responsible role”.

Please don’t take it personally; It is offending and it is logical. If there are not any positive responses or the known people decide differently, then we may continue with newcomers (like me, you and many others), as long as the project continues…

Thanks for understanding,
George

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/4 13:21

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Thank you for your response, It must have been just a misunderstanding.

At this point, I would welcome anybody wanting to join. I may start another thread a bit later asking for help.

Let's consider this little issue resolved and drive. we have to get a new version XOOPS out on the street. That is not going to happen on it's own.

The report stands without any major corrections.

Now would someone please close this thread
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits