Re: Trying to setup the forums module: Newbie here
  • 2007/3/31 5:50

• bcscomp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
Well there's gratitude for you

I actually understand her frustration, i spent an hour and a half of her time and mine with her on the phone trying to figure this issue out (yes i work for the hosting company)
With that said, I'm by no means any sort of guru at php, and near useless at xoops....
The problem here,(maybe?) is that this software is being installed from the "Interworx" control panel using an auto-install script written for the siteworx section of that CP. I'm also of the understanding that this script was written for Interworx by the XOOPS team (but that's second hand knowledge that I have no way to verify)
If in fact the installer is missing something, it might be helpful to check that out, if for no other reason than to avoid the type frustration that newbie was feeling.
I do appreciate the mentioning of the mainfile though, it might give me a solution next time this issue arises for one of our clients.
I do have to admit not looking at that file because the main application was working fine, leading me to think that there was no need to look in there.

and just an FYI, she's a nice lady... just a bit flustered from what i could tell..
Thanks
Bill

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits