wizanda
Re: How do you edit the template for recent news 1.4?
  • 2005/8/22 9:04

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yeh it is, just checked and that is an older file.

It doesn't exsist in the news 1.4 version

So why does it still say it is using that as a template, wouldn't the upgrade make it says, it is using the new one?

jdseymour

That's a good question. Maybe hervet can answer this. Sorry it took so long to find the file. I use AMS on my site, but have just started testing this news version with 2.2.2.

wizanda
  • 2005/8/22 9:16

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

So when I upgrade a module, should I delete the files then write the files to the server, then upgrade?

As presuambly I have tons of old files like this, as all I have been doing, is just overwriting the exsisting files as to not cause an interruption to anything on my site.

Sorry if I seemed stroppy the other night, I was tired and stressed that I couldn't find an easy solution.

Fixed it now

jdseymour

Well deleting the module directory before upgrading with a full version would be one way of doing it. However if this is still showing within the blocks administration or templates administration this reference was not removed from the database. So removing the file would not remove the database reference to the unused template.

I know that in my tutorial to upgrade from newbb 1 to newbb 2 I suggested to remove the newbb directory prior to uploading the newbb 2 directory for the same reason, files that have changed names would not be overwritten. But unused entries in the database would have to be removed by the modules install/upgrade script.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits