massacre
Re: Help! Login trouble on 2.2.1
  • 2005/10/4 22:55

• massacre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/10

None of these solutions worked for me! Please help.

I'm not getting any error (other than no permissions to this page because I've been signed out).

I login as administrator to my 2.2.2 site on PHP5. It's been working just fine for months (although there was an occasional logout, which I attributed to timing, etc.).

Now I get logged out very quickly (within a min. or two) and often just after having tried to enter an administrative function on a module or preferences page. Nothing I've done has helped.

I've done the following:
1) Set the GZIP to 0, when it was set to 1 in the database - though I did NOT make this change.
2) Enabled PHP debug, nothing is showing up.
3) Sessions table has been optimized, then repaired, and finally cleared of data.

None of it has resolved the issue which JUST STARTED today!

I've bounced Apache. I've logged in locally and remotely and using two different browsers (IE and Firefox) and get the same results. I've cleared cache and cookies for the site, etc.

I haven't change any general settings at all (which makes me wonder how GZIP was enabled!) and I made no administrative or module changes at all the day prior to this happening and had no issues then.

I'm begging for help... this site needs to go into production soon, and I've searched this site for any nugget of information. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Even what to look for in debug would be helpful - as I can't see anything that indicates a failure.

Thanks

JMorris
  • 2005/10/4 23:27

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

This is risky, but it's the only solution I can think of. If you'd rather play it safe, wait for a programmer to reply...

You *could* try upgrading your site to the Snapshot Release of 2.2.3RC2. There have been a LOT of bugs that have been squashed with 2.2.3RC2 however.....

This is a do at your own risk procedure! 2.2.3RC2 has not been "Officially" released yet, therefore, no guarantees can be made.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

massacre
  • 2005/10/5 0:19

• massacre

• Just popping in

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
This is risky, but it's the only solution I can think of. If you'd rather play it safe, wait for a programmer to reply...

You *could* try upgrading your site to the Snapshot Release of 2.2.3RC2. There have been a LOT of bugs that have been squashed with 2.2.3RC2 however.....

This is a do at your own risk procedure! 2.2.3RC2 has not been "Officially" released yet, therefore, no guarantees can be made.

Best Regards,

James

Yikes! I think I'd rather wait for the full 2.2.3 and not mess with RCs, but if nothing else works I'll probably end up doing that to a copy of my system (which I haven't yet made).

I did go to the /recovery.php, and although I didn't change anything I saved the settings. Since I did that I've been able to remain logged in. I don't know that it's fixed and none of my users are reporting issues, so maybe it was an admin thing.

Does anyone know why the GZIP compression would have been enabled without me manually making the config change? Or what else the recovery.php might have done that manually clearing the session and verifying options directly on the options table wouldn't?

I hate leaving things completely unknown and if I go into production with this and it happens I could be in a world or hurt if I haven't a clue what causes or fixes it.

massacre
  • 2005/10/5 17:19

• massacre

• Just popping in

Well, it started up again today. Is there anything I should be looking for here? I made no administrative changes to the system. At most, I have bounced the webserver. GZip is showing 0 and I've optimized both "config" and "session" tables. I'm about to wipe session table again.

I *really* need to know what I can do here. Any help is appreciated - I'm desperate!

Okay, it looks like the problem is when I go through a proxy. If I go directly into the site without a proxy I don't have the issue. Is there anything I can look for? Maybe do the had to return true for redirects(would that have anything to do with this?)

massacre
  • 2005/10/6 15:27

• massacre

• Just popping in

Okay, I still need some help here.

I'm on 2.2.2 XOOPS and I'm confident now that the problem stems from my company's proxy server. I can't control their firewall settings on my machine at work and I also go through a proxy that seems to be acting up on another application I use in this same timeframe (I change a proxy setup and IE behaves "normally" again).

Anyway, I asked in a much older thread about the HTTP_REFERRER but nobody responded.

I need to know how to disable/hack the xoops_refcheck function in php. In 2.2, the code looks different from the original hack Mithrandir wrote.

Can anyone explain how to disable the referrer check with:
Quote:
return $GLOBALS['xoopsSecurity']->checkReferer($docheck);

I believe this is the place in functions.php where it's located now, although the function is different from the previous version.

massacre
  • 2005/10/6 15:57

• massacre

• Just popping in

Disabled Referrer (set to always return true) in /class/xoopssecurity.php.

Still have the problem. I believe that it's likely a change to my proxy server at work (over which I have zero control). When I'm not VPNed into work, things are fine.

Even with it not checked referrer, it still logs me out almost immediately. I'm using Protector (latest version on GIJOE's site), and I am using statistics 0.45 - the only modules I can think that may be involved in some way.

Anyone have any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits