DonXoop
Re: Starting to fall apart before I go live....

hmm, that isn't the one I tried.... Maybe I had a JP version even though it had an English Readme. I'll try it, thanks.

I'll probably have to turn off anon comments but it would have been fun seeing them even though many would certainly just be deleted (and that does work...).

But you have things like News posting which I'd really rather have Admin approval since users can be so sloppy and I'd want to clean them up before posting. Maybe I can just be a registration Nazi and be more fussy there...

Thanks for your time... Oh, you are in South Carolina? I did an 8 month job in a tiny town there many years ago. Now I'm in the Great White North (white as in snow)...

Update: MyAds gives the same problems. Looks like a register_globals thing? Mine is off.

CBlue

Which tiny town? There are alot of tiny towns in South Carolina! The one I live in isn't really tiny, it's close to Charleston.

I wonder if the comments bug you report is common for everyone or just happening to you? It would be nice if anyone else who has this same problem to speak up, so we'd know.

DonXoop

Yeah, most are small towns.... Oh yeah, it was Great Falls. Actually I had a good time after making the locals understand I wasn't evil just because I drove a Datsun I was young and had the money to put serious horsepower in it and when I did that and could whip Camaros I was o.k. by them.

Weekend trips up to Charlotte was nice. But driving up to the hills was the best.

Oh yeah, back on topic... I can't be the only one with this problem. To clarify my set-up so I don't get too many "Works fine for me, you're just a dummy" comments; I have to be serious about security. register_globals is Off, the MySQL user has no more rights than needed for X, writable files/dirs that need it are Owned by the Apache server user instead of World writable, comments are not automaticaly approved in many cases. And a few other things security related but haven't been an issue with most apps. Some apps that don't work with globals Off are just not used.

DonXoop

Quote:

talunceford wrote:
NM

I found it. I wanted to leave other people's code alone but decided to bang my head since I was feeling foolish that others could get this working but not me.

First, some modules only work right with register_globals On. Second, my PHP set-up requires a "<?php" opening tag instead of just "<?". Once I cleaned that up in the language module it works fine. Also, for the image spacer you can use the ascii codes like #32; which is a space instead of nbsp;.

Now it works.

CBlue

That's great, DonXoop! I'm happy that you were able to fix the problem you were having!

I know where Great Falls is, I've been through there. I've travelled alot of the small towns in my state because of the job I used to do.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits