icycold
Re: Xoops or phpNuke?
  • 2003/12/6 12:39

• icycold

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

Hi.. i'm new here..
I've been using php-nuke for quite a while and now i'm considering of switching to Xoops.
However, there are some modules in php-nuke that i would like to keep and use.
Is there any way i could convert the nuke module to a xoops??
Thanks

CBlue

You can list which modules you want that phpnuke has and we can see if XOOPS already has similar modules first, or ways to emulate what those modules do. To convert would take a complete re-write of the code of the module and it's better to see if you can use an alternative module of XOOPS first.

Mithrandir

if the modules are of interest to more than just a few people, there might be someone willing to do the porting of them from Nuke to XOOPS.

Depends on several things, though:
a) Desirability of the module (i.e. how useful)
b) Difficulty (i.e. how hard)
c) Time of developers (i.e. how long)
d) Your ability to suck up (i.e. erhm... this approaches a PE rating, sorry )

carnuke
  • 2003/12/6 16:17

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I've spent 2 years building my static HTML site using text editors, frontpage and numerous php/perl script to enhance communication and funtionality. All the scripts are free, but they have taken some finding and considerable integration.

Then I descovered XOOPS and within a month I have totally reproduced all my hard 2 years work in one seemless package! No, the main content is not all in yet, its a big site, but all the infrastructure is in place and working well. That's an awesome comparrison bearing in mind I'm not an experienced programmer.

Almost every day I am descovering new theme ideas, modules and enhancements; NOTHING is static here, the software and community is alive and buzzing with enthusiasm.

Can't reccommend XOOPS highly enough. Big regret is I did'nt find it 2 years ago.

Richad

Mithrandir

Quote:
Almost every day I am descovering new theme ideas, modules and enhancements; NOTHING is static here, the software and community is alive and buzzing with enthusiasm.

Hehe - welcome to the real world of dynamic websites

As a module developer I am also constantly digging deeper and deeper in the code, finding little golden nuggets everywhere.

What really impressed me is the fact that with a database export you can have a new site up and running in no time. Just by uploading the core + module files, reconfiguring the (very short) mainfile.php and importing the database structure & data. Can't get much simpler than that

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits