knight
Re: XoopsGallery comments error
  • 2003/9/10 17:15

• knight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/29

i m using PHP 4.3.2, and the register_globals is off...
so i need to apply ur patch for the comment thing work ?

gstarrett
  • 2003/9/10 19:57

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Quote:

knight wrote:
i m using PHP 4.3.2, and the register_globals is off...
so i need to apply ur patch for the comment thing work ?

No, it doesnt' sound like that's the problem, but I can't verify either way at the moment. I am still working on my own Gallery install on XOOPS 2.0.3, but I haven had time in a few days (I broke it in my efforts to fix it ).

gstarrett
  • 2003/9/27 22:47

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Alrighty... In the last couple weeks I've straightened out my site and gotten my latest family pics updated to my site (gotta have your priorities ). I now have time to look into the XoopsGallery problem with comments (again).

Knight--I've verified what you're talking about and can see exactly why we're still having problems. I've determined that I can update the "$extra_params .=..." line and correct the problem.

Note that this would affect *all* modules that store additional information with a comment.

In /include/comment_post.php, find the line 57 and change $HTTP_GET_VARS to $HTTP_POST_VARS as follows:
foreach ($comment_config['extraParams'] as $extra_param) {

$extra_params .= isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$extra_param]) ? $extra_param.'='.$HTTP_POST_VARS[$extra_param].'&' $extra_param.'=&';
}

I'll post this to their bug database too.

knight
  • 2003/10/1 3:38

• knight

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/29

thanx for the pm pal ..

mmmm i wonder the new 2.05 fix this problem ?

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/1 5:31

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
knight wrote:
thanx for the pm pal ..

mmmm i wonder the new 2.05 fix this problem ?

No problem, wanted to make sure you got the update.

Yes, this made it into 2.0.5rc. The XOOPS devs are fast!

DonXoop

Hate to drag an old thread up but I have these strange "ERROR: requested index [] out of bounds [4]" type errors still.

I'm using Xgallery 1.3.3.3 on X 2.0.5.1.
Apache 2.0.48, PHP 4.3.4 with register_globals Off, MySQL 4.0.16.

Trying to add comments gives this error. Then trying to approve comments gives a blank screen and the comment isn't approved. I've even dumped the whole module and started fresh again, that fixed other issues with Gallery but this one remains. Also, setting other options like unchecking show posted date, narrow or wide etc for the latest pics block aren't saved.

Correction: the comments seem to get approved now but the errors still pops up and I'm dumped into a blank screen.

Thanks...

zer0fill
  • 2003/12/21 21:18

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

hey again DonXoop :p

go to admin > system > pref > general, go to the debug area and select PHP Debug. the blank screen should show you the error(s)

drummond
  • 2005/2/16 2:10

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I am running XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and XOOPS Gallery 1.3.3.5 and when I try to post a comment to a picture I get this with PHP debug turned on:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: emptyformvar() in /var/www/html/modules/xoopsgallery/session.php on line 119
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: gallery in file modules/xoopsgallery/session.php line 54
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: gallery in file modules/xoopsgallery/session.php line 65
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: gallery in file modules/xoopsgallery/session.php line 65

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits