Mazarin
Re: The big problem I have whit XOOPS
  • 2011/1/26 4:58

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

I meant it should be distributed with the core, e.g. as the Protector module, not actually part of the core.

voltan
  • 2011/1/26 7:56

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Quote:
I meant it should be distributed with the core, e.g. as the Protector module, not actually part of the core.

before that we must have stable version from both of content and xnews modules

bjuti
  • 2011/1/26 9:38

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Hm... sad news about Trabis.

News is a nice module, but I like publisher most coz it's a more configurabile, there is a gallery in it, etc. It's a content ready.

novlang1984

I use xNews and Content (ForMuss version).

Both modules are very easy to use. xNews is very interesting to write news and very powerful thanks to his blocks. But - in my opinion - Content is the best choice :
- to create simple pages
- to manage a menu
- ... to start a website with Xoops

[off]I hope ForMusS baby is fine and make good and long nights. Please baby, be wise ! We need your dady back [/off]

Tarik
  • 2011/1/26 21:21

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

Quote:
[off]I hope ForMusS baby is fine and make good and long nights. Please baby, be wise ! We need your dady back [/off]

My best wishes to ForMusS btw

as for the content module it's necessarily to adopt a content module as official because when we setup a xoops website we can at least make some pages

but what must be considered is what type of content module, is it a fully customized one (news, xnews, publisher ...) or a simple one (content ...)

in my point of view i vote for a simpler one like content and publisher as a second choice ( fully customized need some features nut it's a very good module )
Some people like what you do,
-- some people hate what you do,
---- but most people simply don’t give a damn.

bjuti
  • 2011/1/27 11:26

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

Who is now developing Publisher?

amommy
  • 2011/3/8 23:38

• amommy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/8 2

Ok so I just downloaded xoops AGAIN.
I had tried it out YEARS ago and thought I would really give it a shot. UH .....
How does a CMS NOT have a CMS?????
I cannot even find a Xoops recommended CMS!!!
Really should be one there, all the other ones I have tried have some content manager. Though some have TO MUCH content in a new install it is still better to have one initially than none

Mamba
  • 2011/3/8 23:54

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Thank you for your feedback!

Our policy was to keep the Installation to the Core only, and give the users the option to choose whatever "content manager" they would like to, and we had many to choose from.

Based on user feedback similar to yours, we are planning to provide in the near future a "Basic Module Pack" that would include a "content manager".

In the long run, we are also considering to bundle a simple "content manager" as part of the installation itself.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Should include a basic set of modules that will allow xoops to do alot of different things. Think of how a Ubuntu installation works...

That way people don't have to search through the downloads to find the basic modules.

Rodney

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits